Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
151 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 150

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Is this for real?
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Ghastly and Pretentious!

Plastering a new car with design hallmarks does not a Packard make!

Steve

Posted on: 2009/12/2 21:01
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
far more impresive would have been an entire revamping of the whole car, not just body mods. a unique suspension and some engine upgrades like turbos or a supercharger would have probably stirred a little more interest. but seeing this and other "modern renditions" makes me smile to know that packard died before all of their vehicles became lifeless blobs of plastic. god forbid they would most likely have have some kind of suv/ truck as well. but honestly this is just my opinion...and you know what they say about those.

Posted on: 2009/12/2 23:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Mike

One of the reasons we like Packards is that they never were forced to stoop to make cars with opera lights, half vinyl tops, red crushed velour upholstery, emission controls or digital clocks.

There is a saying in the classical music business-"Better to stop 5 years too early than 5 minutes too late"

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2009/12/3 23:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Friends

Just as I finished my last post, I remembered the story of Buick and Packard in the early 20's, around 1924. Buick had taken to building cars with radiator shells obviously imitating Packard. Other makes did it too , but Buick was the only marque any one heard of.

Packard, a much smaller company, got GM to stop. I've seen speculation about letters from lawyers and such. Don't know about that.

What Packard did do was to run a series of ads "Only Packard can build a Packard".

The Buicks changed in appearance pretty quickly

"Nuff said

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2009/12/3 23:19
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved