Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 212

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Model Info Pages
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Hmmm interesting. I would have never expected a brown interior.

Kev, I've got quite a few pictures of the interior of a restored 53 Derham, can't recall who gave me the photos so I'm reluctant to post them, but the interior is the same color combo. Also the same interior in the 53 Derham that I unfortunately did not buy back in the 60s. One of the nifty little touches is a leather or leatherette background fascia on the dash gauge panel.

Posted on: 2010/2/24 13:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Dear Joe,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your Formal. A friend of mine just finished restoring his late father's 1953 Austin Healy 100 series for the same reason (he was lucky the car wasn't crushed).Is your Formal by any chance the Formal that Owen_Dyneto mentioned earlier at Nyack NY?

I will pass your request and interest on to the owner of the Formal and see what she says. The plan at this point is for me to check the mechanicals and hopefully start the car. I also plan to clean up the car before doing the portraits of the car for eBay. And believe me, I have had the Packard bug for years so I want to start it and hear it run. Maybe even drive it around the block and over to the Ostendorf Packard Agency on Main St where it was purchased new.

The history of the car is in the thread. Two owners and both in Buffalo where the car was originally purchased and the car has been garaged since 1982 when it was last registered.

I will let you know what she decides. Thank you for your interest.

Posted on: 2010/2/24 14:00
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
joeortiz wrote:......had a 1953 derham until recently, it was destroyed by snow caving into the retsoration facility. so now i have a lot of parts only, but would love to have another derham to restore......
G'day Joe,
to PackardInfo and sorry to hear about the demise of your '53 Derham, most unfortunate.

When you do acquire another Packard could you please include it in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/2/24 16:00
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

joeortiz
See User information
hello again, thanks for your response and attention regarding the derham,looking to hear from you again soon. thanks to all the caring packard enthusiasts also responding.

Posted on: 2010/2/26 14:48
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved