Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 219

ElGroucho, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Clipper Club Sedan
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Miles Whetham
See User information
Hello, Can anybody out there help me out? I am trying to find out more about my car. It is a 1942 110 6 Special Club Sedan. The VN is 1585-3139. I would like to find out how many of these were built and maybe even some idea of how many still exist. Looking around on this site I haven't found any other Clipper 6 club sedans and the little I have looked at other sites I haven't seen any either. Can anyone enlighten me?
Thanks

Posted on: 2010/1/28 15:17
 Top  Print   

Re: Clipper Club Sedan
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I see at least two 1585 models listed in The Packard Club's directory. Certainly a low production model, as are all 1942 cars, and club sedans typically are low volume.

Posted on: 2010/1/28 15:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
The Model Info section lists 11325* as the production number for 1942. I am not sure what models that includes. PAC website may have more data.

Here's the info on the 1585 110 Six Special Club Sedan on this website:
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/viewmodel.php?model=280

The entry above about "Clipper styling" seems misleading to me. See this illustration of a 1942 110 Convertible.

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/viewmodel.php?model=284

I suspect that your 11O looks like a 110 not a Clipper. I have always heard your car these referred to as a "Packard 110". In 1946 and 1947 after WWII, this styling disappeared. All models took on the Clipper styling.

Is your Packard posted/pictured in our Owner's Registry?

DanL

Posted on: 2010/1/29 4:35
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Miles Whetham
See User information
Unfortunately, I do not have a photo of the car that I can post at this time. However, my car says "Clipper" on the side, Is of the fastback styling, and is the same car as is in the Photo Archive described as a Clipper Special Club Sedan. I refer to the car as a "110 6 Special Club Sedan" because that is the way the 1585 model is named in the "Packard Model Info". I have to say that to me, the model naming of these cars is somewhat confusing. I hope this helps in determining what this car is.
Thanks for the help,
Miles (crotomac)

Posted on: 2010/1/29 10:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Does you car look like this:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Or this:

I know the years may be wrong, we're talking body styles ONLY here.

Posted on: 2010/1/29 10:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
The convertible coupe and taxi were the only two 110's that retained the traditional style. All others used the Clipper styling.

Posted on: 2010/1/29 10:29
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Miles Whetham
See User information
My car looks like the red car in the lower picture.
Miles

Posted on: 2010/1/29 11:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Well, that confirms what West stated. Here's a nice video of a 1942 Clipper Custom Club Coupe 1505:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VbSK-4OlVk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VbSK-4OlVk&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A fun watch and a damn fine car!!

Posted on: 2010/1/29 11:25
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Miles Whetham
See User information
That is indeed a very nice find. It is also very similar to my car. One difference that sticks out right away is that the horizontal grill bars on my car stop at the outside of the headlights instead of wraping around the front fender. As I said earlier, the VN on mine is 1585-3139. According to the model info, mine is the "110 6 Special Club Sedan". I would make note also that the 1505 in the film is listed in the model info as a "110 6 Custom Club Sedan" rather that the "Custom Club Coupe" as it is labeled in the film. I have noticed that the fastback design like mine tends to be labeled as a "sedan" rather than a "coupe". Anyway, I think that I just said almost everything I know about Packard's.
Thanks guys, This has been interesting and enjoyable.
Miles

Posted on: 2010/1/29 13:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
I've noticed that too, the "Sedan" vs. the "Coupe" designation. Hudson called the two door sedan body style a "Brougham", which to me is a proper name vs. "2 door sedan".

Anyway, welcome to the "Club", as I'm a Packard 2 door "Sedan" owner as well, albeit a '48 model.

Posted on: 2010/1/29 15:23
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved