Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
179 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 179

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: unusual '56 Color "Flamingo"
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Wayne -

Thanks for providing the paint code from the VN tag of your '56 Four Hundred, but I'm sorry to report that you do not have one of the rare "Flamingo" factory paint jobs.

If you check the front section of the 1955-1956 parts book and 1956 paint chip sets available here, you'll find that:

M = Dover White
K = Scottish Heather

On Senior series cars, the first letter of the paint code represents the color of the roof and lower body; the second letter, the upper body.

Again, the only interior trim set available with Flamingo was black and white. You clearly have black and "red".

Also, when it came to painted metal interior trim, Packard used same colors as used on exterior, but in enamel rather than lacquer, I believe. A black and white interior would have black dash and steering column; they never painted any metal interior trim in white. Your car, with black and "red", would have Scottish Heather on those parts, which it does - but badly faded.

Although I've never seen a chip anywhere for Packard's Flamingo color (Code "O"), follow this link to autocolorlibrary.com's Ditzler paint chip set for '57 Lincoln:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/aclchip.aspx?image=1957-lincoln-pg01.jpg

As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, Lincoln offered a "Flamingo" for 1957 that is similar to what I saw on a bona fide Dover White and Flamingo (MO) '56 Executive in OH.

However, I've never seen a supplier bulletin on Packard's Flamingo to check the supplier number against that of the '57 Lincoln Flamingo - to see if they were actually one in the same formula.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 9:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Posted on: 2010/2/16 14:33
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

56executive
See User information
This is a 5677A I bought in 1966 it has been scrapped

Attach file:

jpg  (38.78 KB)
1052_4b7ca38319127.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/2/17 21:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Now THAT looks like the color of the Flamingo Exec that I found in OH, years ago.

I'm remembering, now, how the bright green metallic engine really clashed with the pale pink of the surrounding bay.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 21:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
That car looks like the condition of the 56 400 I scrapped all those years ago. Here are some photos of the fender skirt from the flamingo car.

Attach file:

jpg  (130.36 KB)
6_4b7dc1e578b84.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (87.52 KB)
6_4b7dc2025aecb.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2010/2/18 17:41
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

ShelbyGriggs
See User information
I know this is an old thread, BUT I just posted a photo of the 56 Executive our family owned at one time in the Flamingo color in another thread on this site, so rather than load another photo here, see it here.

Posted on: 2017/10/17 17:45
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved