Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 197

Joe Santana, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Paint Cross Reference Info Needed
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Frank1951
See User information
Does anybody know any paint codes for metallic green for a 1951 model?

What I really need is code on the can. If there is anybody who has painted their car to give me the brand and color formula on the can. Local paint shops do not have the information and the color strips on the paint charts are not large enough for their computer to scan. Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 21:53
 Top  Print   

Re: Paint Cross Reference Info Needed
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Frank, that information may be on this site somewhere, but if you hop over to The Packard Club site, www.packardclub.org, you can find the Duco numbers if that's any help. Click on "Reference".

Posted on: 2010/2/10 22:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Scans of many supplier paint chips sets are now available at P'Info for Packard, but not every year and not all suppliers for each available year (yet).

Yet, because there's so much material to wade through in the "Literature and Manuals" archive, BigKev recently enhanced the Model Info pages to provide for a list of links to "Recommended Manauls and Literature" - mainly, the most essential stuff. Drill down through the specific year or Series and click on any model to see what's available.

However, to see if any other suppliers sets are available here, you'll have to perform a site search on "paint" to see what comes up in the "Literature and Manuals" results or use the "View by Year" link near the bottom of the home page and browse those results, page-by-page.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 22:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Brian, I followed your method above and it lead me to several interesting things I wasn't aware of on this site, like the 51 Accessories booklet. This is a very nice feature.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 23:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Thanks, Owen, but credit for the idea goes to BigKev.

I compiled the lists for 55-56 and 57-58 cars. Kev did 51-54 and began working backward. Prewar is not my area of expertise, but I jumped in with the owners manuals, service manuals, and parts books for 30-41 - though archive is far from complete WRT to that era. Some of the available parts books of that period get awfully twisted in their coverage - in spite of their titles, as published. I hope I got them assigned correctly, by model.

While not every model has items listed and not every available item has been catalogued this way, my thought is to keep those lists tight - with only the most requested and essential pieces.

Meanwhile, I also revised my Service Info FAQ to reflect this new feature. Though far form concise, it should provide those who bother to check a good starting point.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 23:22
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
There is for sure a lot of items to go through here on the website. I think there are just over 400 unique article listings available for download in Literature and Manuals area. Looking at the individual PDF files that are in the downloads directory structure, there are over 1,100 separate PDF files, which make up the 400+ articles that we have scanned and put in the archive over the last 4 years. At some point I will have to calculate the number of actual pages in the archive. Now that would be a hoot!

Posted on: 2010/2/10 23:32
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved