Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
194 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 192

Alvin14, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

website fundraiser...Kev?
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
I know I for one would pay for a quality printed repro in 3 ring binder of STBs and maybe others would like SCs or SLs, maybe a good idea for raising funds for this site? I myself don't have time to download and print out all that stuff, and much prefer a hard copy to CD or reading on a screen... Kevin?

Posted on: 2010/2/18 19:53
 Top  Print   

Re: website fundraiser...Kev?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well at one point I floated the idea of putting all the PDF content on a DVD for a nominal fee ($10, $15) for the folks with slow internet connections, or people that just wanted all the content handy in a single place. I really don't want to get into printing paper, shipping it and competing with the folks that are selling reprints. Not looking to turn any of this into a business venture or the fulfillment that would go with it. But I do appreciate the idea!

Posted on: 2010/2/18 20:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
BigKev: Is that offer for a complete dvd still open?

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/2/18 21:19
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Years ago, a member at the AACA Packard DF (who shall remain nameless) generously offered STBs reprinted, on demand, for a reasonable price, but suffered enough abuse at the hands of just enough people that he withdrew the offer completely. I would have done the same.

It's better that information is now available for viewing and downloading for free, here, at P'Info. Yet, I know the pain of downloading large files over a dial-up connection.

Now, I don't like reading on-screen as well as from paper, either, but I print just those pages that I need as working copy and only when I need them. The new car industry has gone paperless, too - pushing cost of printing onto the dealers. I don't believe you can even get a paper factory manual for late-model GM anymore - only on CD and VERY expensive. Of course, it isn't very practical or economical to print entire manuals and books, yourself.

So, BigKev's offer of a the currently available literature in PDF on a DVD sounds like a good idea. Perhaps he should post that as a permanent offer on the home page, like the T-shirts, with payment via PayPal.

With a computer out in his garage, now, I can see why Packard53 wants one of those DVDs!

Posted on: 2010/2/18 23:06
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Yes they are available for anyone that wants one. I will just burn them to order so you will get the current list of available PDF content. It's pretty handy to have, as I have the entire content folder mirror on my local harddrive. So it makes it really fast and easy to open up a PDF and print out the pages you need and take them out to the garage without worrying about greasing up an original or reprinted manual.

Pay-Pay preferred so I don't have to worry about making a trip to the bank an such, and Pay-Pal provides me your address so it's easy to for me to ship. Just please put a note in the comment box on the donation page that you would like a DVD and I will get it shipped out.

If anyone that has recently donated wants one also, just send me a note and I will send you one out.

Thanks guys,

Posted on: 2010/2/19 0:00
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
And the agreed-upon price (donation) for a DVD shall be?

Posted on: 2010/2/19 0:10
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
$10 is fine. More is always welcomed of course, but $10 covers all the costs and leaves about $6-$7 for the website after US postage and DVD materials.

Posted on: 2010/2/19 0:25
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Sounds like a good alternative - I still like paper, including my daily newspaper...I won't be getting a Kindle any time soon! (guess I'm showing my age..!)

Posted on: 2010/2/19 15:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Firedome: Several years ago ago I used to sell copies of the Packard STB's 48 through 56 complete for about $45.00. I sold a few sets but with the cost of paper and ink I never really made anything. I mostly provided it as a service to fellow Packard owners. All except two were glad that I was selling them

However one fellow out of Chicago insisted that I should give complete copies away for free. Also a Packard parts vendor out of the Detroit area started complaining that I was hurting PAC buy selling them. These two caused me a lot of trouble which I didn't need at that time. BigKev started Packardinfo at the right time, so I donated a set of the STB's for Kevin to put online for all to have for free.

From that time four years ago when I made than donation people sure have made many fine contributions to the web site.

$ 10.00 is one of the best deals that your will ever find for the information that you are getting. Heck 10 years ago it cost me $100.00 for my set of 48 through 56 STB'S

A PERSONAL THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE MADE DONATIONS

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/2/19 16:20
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
Pac I'm sure was upset because you were undercutting them. I'd be thrilled to get a dvd copy and most likely will. Do you still have some hard copies John? 1952 200. If you do I'll strongly consider buying one.

Posted on: 2010/2/19 16:39
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved