Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 206

William Grosz, Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: The Packard Firsts List
Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
A distant relative of mine, Ooog Anthony, was a Packard wheel dealer, and he knew for a fact that Ooog Packard purchased his wheels directly from the GR factory (General Rocks). Ooog Packard was nothing but a middle man. He may have had rocks in his head, but he didn't have the stones to invent anything!

Posted on: 2010/3/1 0:20
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
And geico insured it...

Don't forget, Oooog Jr was the first to borrow his fathers wheel for a midnight joyride. And also the first to get fresh with a girl on said wheel.

Posted on: 2010/3/1 0:30
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
portlandon wrote: In 2388 BC, Ooog Packard Invented the Wheel. Prove he didn't.

Would have greater provenance if there was a red hexagon!

Posted on: 2010/3/1 3:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

John Clements
See User information
I suggest that John get in contact with Richard Quinn, he has much Studebaker material including the Studebaker Inventions (firsts) lists, maybe he got Packard material too when SB closed.

Look him up on the SDC Forum.

In the end it's a bit of (to use an Aussie expression) a pissing contest "We did this" "We did that," Regardless, the Packard was and is still recognized as the best car in the world for its heyday, who invented what can never top that.

I understand the need for correct history, perhaps you can have a list of the "known" firsts and the "maybe" firsts.

In the end we (the rest of you) have our lovely cars to drive and enjoy.

Posted on: 2010/3/1 4:58
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
Here here. I second the movement of sir clement, and pose the question does it really matter? (Heat) I enjoy my packard as much as the next guy, but I've enjoyed some fords( last to use mechanical brakes) as well as other brands. I don't think in the long run it matters who did what to whom whenever. Seems all a bit of "my dad can beat up yours." It's fun to argue politics, but lighten up a little. Seems a bit stuffy in here...

Posted on: 2010/3/1 15:20
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jt fugere
See User information
In early 2010 the 55 Packard Clipper was outfitted with an Oldsmobile 394 skyrocket engine followed by a slim jim transmission and lowered overall 4 inches, keeping intact the torsion leveling system. Another Packard First!

Posted on: 2010/3/2 0:10
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

John Clements
See User information
Indeed it is I should imagine. How does the lowering affect the torsion-Level suspension?

Posted on: 2010/3/2 1:42
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved