Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 163

MVS, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Battery Cut Off Switch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
Has anybody tried this Battery Brain Type III that Bill Hirsch sells for 6 volt? ($58)

Also wondering if anyone has tried this item. Have been thinking of getting one and like the idea of remote control operation rather than finding a mounting place for the Cole-Hersee or having to lift the hood each time. I currently use a battery tender also since the car sometimes sits for awhile between starts. Am thinking with this item, although the steady drain protection function would be negated with a tender, the remote off operation, catastrophic short protection & anti theft would still be possible. Anyone have a different opinion or can suggest another solution?

Posted on: 2010/4/1 12:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul E. Gallagher
See User information
I sent for the Battery Brain III from Bill Hirsch last night. It is suppose to arrive on Tuesday,(April 13th). I'll keep you all posted when I install it and try it out. Thanks for all of the replies.
I also put on a new set of Diamond Backs as the old white walls were from back in the day when Diamond Back re-capped old Police car tires. So a little bulge around the rim on one tire ended up costing almost $1000 with the new tires, shipping,mounting and balancing. OUCH!

Posted on: 2010/4/9 20:02
'49 Deluxe Eight - 23rd Series
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
$1000! Holy pricey rubber echo locating flying mammal man!

That's twice what I paid for my Clipper! After hearing those prices my $34 Walmart tires may be staying on the Clipper for a longer than planned.

Posted on: 2010/4/9 21:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

fern51
See User information
i have a battery charge connector on my 4 wheeler that came off electric lift truck that you run both positive and negative thru that unplugs got it from newark electronics. part number for
175 amp is 98F9370
350 amp is 98F7889

This would be a good way to totally isolate battery. website is www.newark.com

Posted on: 2010/4/12 18:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul E. Gallagher
See User information
The Battery Brain (Gold) Type III arrived last Tues. from Bill Hirsch - no problem with them.

I have called the Tech at Battery Brain 3 times now to work out the bugs. He has been very helpful.

Its a good product but I don't know how well it adapts to positive ground and generator instead of alternator.

They are sending me the vibration plug in to keep the motor from cutting off if the voltage drops too low. (about $16 more). This wire is included in the Platinum version.

If it works right, it will be nice to cut off the battery without opening the hood and also acts as a thief deterrent.

Has anybody else tried it on a Packard?

Posted on: 2010/4/19 17:50
'49 Deluxe Eight - 23rd Series
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jt fugere
See User information
I ran a battery cutoff switch in a 55 400. It is located in the wheel well on the drivers side, you would never know its there. It continues to work great.

Posted on: 2010/4/19 19:13
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved