Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
180 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 175

Packard Don, Todd W. White, Bob Supina, j41157, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Our new Stripper Clipper
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
Nice find. Even the wiring under the hood looks decent.

Were there and Clipper strippers to be had with the stripper Clipper?

Posted on: 2010/4/5 1:17
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

What a nice original car! Keeping it original is the right thing to do, not only can you enjoy the car but also it is a document of how the factory did things then.

The AACA has a class for original cars, Historic Preservation of Original Features (HPOF). It is a class long overdue, encourages owners to preserve original cars.

Now, how about having a matched pair of '56 Stripper Clippers?
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1674829344.html

Steve

Posted on: 2010/4/5 7:22
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mrs. Amanda Burton
See User information
He does have a beautiful car, and as he said it seems I have a very similar one. I don't let people bother me. I've come to accept that people my age typically don't have the appreciation for such things. Don't get me wrong I'd take an '68 Olds 442 any day but there isn't the same appeal as my Clipper. Do you still have your first Packard? I hope to have mine past the days of flying cars.

Posted on: 2010/4/5 8:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Ah, Alburton,
It appears you have come upon my errant message intended for you. I will try not to distract too much from Randerson's worthy thread. I am glad you are not too concerned with the judgment of your less sensible peers. I kept my first Packard for 16 years and had to sell it for financial reasons. I bought the same year and model again in February 2008 and am now restoring it. Second childhood, I guess. If you would like to know more you can go to my restoration blog. Hope you can keep yours as long as you like. Sorry for the distraction, Randerson!
Ken

Posted on: 2010/4/5 16:31
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Not to worry... no offense taken!!

Wow!! That San Diego 56 is virtually identical, right down to the 3 spd OD, w/ Torsion Level and dog dishes!!! And almost the identical mileage too! HArd to tell from the pics but it looks like it may have a green interior...

I wonder if towards the end Packard cranked out a series of cars with the same colors and options as "sales bank" cars?

Mine needs a driver side turn signal lens - are these available anywhere? Haven't seen any on "that auction site".

Posted on: 2010/4/6 8:15
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Quote:

Mine needs a driver side turn signal lens - are these available anywhere? Haven't seen any on "that auction site".

You might try Joel or Marvin at Patrician Industries.

Posted on: 2010/4/6 8:30
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved