Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 5
Guests: 145

BDeB, Ozstatman, 53 Cavalier, packardbill, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Parts Cross Reference
Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Do those same gaskets and filters fit the 2 sediment bowls for the 2 bbl Carter on the '56 Deluxe?

Posted on: 2010/4/30 11:04
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Mrs. Amanda Burton
See User information
Randerson, the ceramic element, the gaskets and screen that I found at Tractor Supply Company all fit my fuel filter perfectly. I imagine you and I have the same filter.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 6:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

walkerman
See User information
I'm looking for part # for oil filter in my power sterring
fluid. 1953 Patrician.3 3/8 wide X 2 " high with 1" hole in center. Also my dash board needs repainted
and I was wondering how they duplicate the hammer mill
type finish if that is possible. I have found good information on this web and thank all.

Posted on: 2010/5/1 7:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think the dash is going to be somewhat difficult by hand unless you can find a real artist. Believe it was originally a printed process where the flat steel was patterned and then stamped to shape.

There is a company in Winter Haven, Fla --- Grain-It Technologieshttp://www.woodgraining.com/ which has a process using plates and rollers --either DIY or will do it for you-- which might be able to help -- if they have a pattern plate. At one time I believe they had something very similar but hadn't checked their site in quite a while and didn't see it today.

The basic DIY kit is not cheap but without some real talent at the end of a brush, if they have a plate then maybe the best option. Might be worth a phone call or if close enough even a trip to see what they say.

On the filter, unless someone comes along that has been there already and found a number, if there is a Napa nearby you might take your old one in. They have 38 P/S filters shown in their catalog and several look like very good possibilities--if the clerk will take the time to look thru a catalog. A couple I looked at are off by a slight bit in one dimension or the other but since there is a fair amount of room in can, just something with the correct center might work. Here are just a few off first page.

Attach file:

jpg  (24.46 KB)
209_4bdc45c59f596.jpg 285X645 px

Posted on: 2010/5/1 10:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

walkerman
See User information
Thank You very much. I will call them Monday. Also I will go to NAPA and if I find the right # I will post it.

Thank You

Posted on: 2010/5/1 22:16
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved