Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 159

JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 53 Convertable
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't think they were factory in 53 but since the louvers were a fairly low cost dealer "dress up" option, would bet a lot of cars were adorned after the fact. Same reason you see a lot of lower end 52 cars with 4 louvers on a side when car would have left factory with none or 3.

Posted on: 2010/4/27 8:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
My 1953 Packard sales catalog/brochure shows the Mayfair and Convertible models with three louvers, and none on the Patrician and Cavalier models. 1954 sales catalog/brochure shows no louvers on the Packards and Clippers.

(o{I}o)

Edited version.

Posted on: 2010/4/27 11:00
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Again one of those interesting only Packard can explain anomalies. I stand corrected on were they used in 53 as one picture of a Mayfair shows them and parts list says 2677-79 while another picture is without.https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1953%20Dealer%20Invitation.pdf

Posted on: 2010/4/27 11:36
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved