Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
183 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 182

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Interior color codes
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dr.Stuart Schaller, PhD
See User information
Does someone have an interior options book or a color code book for the interiors they could post?

Thanks,
Stu

Posted on: 2007/11/17 20:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Interior color codes
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Want to narrow down the year(s) of interest for us?

Posted on: 2007/11/17 23:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Loyd Smith
See User information
I believe that they're posted, by year, on the PAC (Packard Automobile Classics) website.

Posted on: 2007/11/18 10:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Doc -

The paint and interior codes are explained (at least for 48-56) in the front matter of the factory parts catalogs.

I know that you have a '56 Patrician, but to get an idea of what the factory provided, you mght want to take a look at the 48-54 parts book, which is available for FREE download here (in segments) - specifically, the section titled "Cover, Introduction, Table of Contents".

I have an original 55-56 book which I am planning to scan (in installments) and supply to BigKev for upload here in similar fashion. However, due to a family medical emergency, all projects have been on hold. Hopefully, I can get back to some of this work after Thanksgiving weekend.

If you are merely looking to decode the trim plate on your car, the text descriptions from the parts book may do. However, if you want to see the colors, you will need access to a dealer showroom album that has actual samples of many (though not all) of the paint and upholstery materials - or at least chip sets from the major paint suppliers.

I would caution you against relying upon scans of any paint chips or upholstery swatches as the scanning process is rarely true in color. Take a look at any scan of the Mojave Tan (Code R) paint chip for 56th Series; scans look like color of mud, when the actual color is somewhere between the color of gold and a new penny. Compare that to the attached pic - though the color shown in the pic may not be exactly spot-on, either.

Attach file:

jpg  (26.66 KB)
103_4740739a67b4d.jpg 500X375 px

Posted on: 2007/11/18 12:11
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Howard Hanson has sent me a couple test scans he made of from one the Dealer Upholstery books. But before he scans the entire thing he wants to make sure this is something you folks would find valuable.

Here are the pictures, remember all monitors are different so the colors are never going to be 100% accurate over the web. ALso if you click on one of these picture they will open up at original size:

Attach file:

jpg  (26.08 KB)
1_4740ce3841fed.jpg 800X376 px

jpg  (30.32 KB)
1_4740ce5618e25.jpg 800X395 px

jpg  (29.37 KB)
1_4740ce8320cc8.jpg 800X350 px

Posted on: 2007/11/18 18:45
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I vote "yea" on the above.

Posted on: 2007/11/18 22:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
I vote "yea" on the above.

Posted on: 2007/11/18 22:31
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dr.Stuart Schaller, PhD
See User information
I'l second that emotion

Posted on: 2007/11/20 19:41
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Dr.Stuart Schaller, PhD
See User information
1956....sorry..

On the PAC website, interiors codes 33 and 53 are both for green cloth with green imitation leather, which is what my car has, but according to the master list, only codes 61, 62, 63, 69, 72, 73, 75, 79, 162, 163, 165 and 169 were available??!!

Posted on: 2007/11/20 19:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I vote "yea" on the 56 color and upholstery book. And a big Thank You to Mr. Hanson.

Posted on: 2007/11/20 19:51
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved