Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
198 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 196

Aiden, CCR, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Tire pressure?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I don't know for a fact, but I'd suspect that "Broadway" is some tire manufacturer's brand name for their 2rd or 3rd line of tires which, due to their lower cost (and presumeably quality) they don't want to affix their own brand name too. Common marketing ploy - kind of like generic canned vegetables in the supermarket.

Posted on: 2010/5/22 17:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
One of the local tire dealers sells Broadway tires. I considered getting a set for my Packard but the white wall was too narrow although wider than most tires. A friend of mine has a set on his 1941 Ford and is pleased with them.

Posted on: 2010/5/22 19:12

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Canadian Tire Brand?

Posted on: 2010/5/22 19:14
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The Broadway tire brand name is owned by GoodYear.

PS - not sure this info is still current.

Posted on: 2010/5/22 19:42
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Xavier Brulez
See User information
Hi,

I've checked the tire itself and this is what I found on it:

Broadway H78-15 Tubeless Treadwear 100 Traction B Temperature C
max 1770 lbs @ max 32 psi
4-ply wide white wall made in USA

No date codes or other reference numbers... . Strange!?

On the inner tube there is a stamp ' Pass 77 ', if that means 1977 they are quite old... .

Xavier

Posted on: 2010/5/24 4:35
Resized Image PONTIAC FIREBIRD 3.1 V6 '91 + FIREBIRD Esprit 4.1 L6 '80 + CHEVROLET CAPRICE Wagon 5.0 V8 '87 [img]http://uniform.messageboard.nl/10060/images/smiles/fl
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe tire pressure is relative. This relative likes that much and another relative says use this much. Mfgs stamp a number on a tire, car companies can go way under as Ford did on the Explorers with the blowouts or way over like they did on my Freestar van when they installed a low tire pressure warning with sensors that went off unless tire was several over the max.

As to the picture above, I'll bite. A lot of inner tubes if that's what they are, funny looking tires if not. Maybe comfort cushions for very very large people? What are they?

Posted on: 2010/5/24 8:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
"The prescribed pressure is declared to be valid only for special circumstances."

Yes. That is exactly the case. The special circustance is what ever the mfg'er used as a standard base for use of the car. Pile 4 200 pound heffers in the car with alot of luggage in the trunk or vary driving conditions from city to interstate and the recommended tire pressure may not be optimal.

So HH56 says it better than i can. i.e. Tire pressure is relative.

Posted on: 2010/5/24 9:16
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Those are interesting comfort cushions for sure. New ones to me although have seen an inflatable couch. I had another in mind however.donut

Posted on: 2010/5/24 12:02
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved