Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 229

Oldcaddies , more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Bunch of general '46 stuff
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
You definitely do not have a center steering link on your Clipper. I have both the old Safe-T-Flex and the more modern Clipper suspension examples sitting in the garage (the 1950 Packard is really just a chubby Clipper).

Posted on: 2010/6/8 11:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks, No, not a super, just a deluxe.

Keith, I was under the impression that the "whiskers" wrapping around from the parking light to the front of the wheel well opening was a trim feature of the Super Clipper and Custom Super Clipper. That's what led me to ask if it was a Super.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 12:02
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

kacarlson
See User information
I think that was just the distinction between the 6 and the 8 cyl. Wish I had a super, I'd love to see what the motor feels like. Had a guy in the Atlanta club tell me "you really f---'d up not buying a super, you don't have a full classic". Well, sorry. Next time I find a car in a barn I'll call first to see if you approve.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 13:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
A 1946 Packard is a rare car indeed. I believe it's even rarer than the 1942 models. My friends and I junked a pretty nice one way back in 1978. It was a six-cylinder variety, but was very solid. We still have the doors, though.

Posted on: 2010/6/8 15:23
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved