Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

Clayton Kramer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 110 Coupe convertible 1941 estimated production figure
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
bump

Posted on: 2010/6/13 8:23
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

ambianchi
See User information
Thanks all of you in participating in this post, it's giving me the opportunity to learn a lot.
What's the Briggs tag?
The TP# is <593933>

Posted on: 2010/6/13 9:34
Experience is the toughest teacher. Teaches after the exam.
110 Deluxe coupe convertible 1941
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
When did Packard outsource body building to Briggs, sometime in 1940? I believe they did this as there was not enough room at the plant to make bodies and Merlin engines. Did Packard have Briggs build all their bodies or just the ones for the Clippers? If Packard had Briggs build only the Clipper bodies then the old style 1941 and 1942 bodies would not have a Briggs body tag. I am sure there is someone out there who has knowledge of this, O_D?

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/6/13 9:40
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Packard contracted with Briggs to build ALL their bodies, not just the Clippers, beginning with the 1941 model year. It's possible the transition of dies and related equipment occurred during 1940 which may explain the absence of thief-proof numbers on some 1940 cars. The earliest Packards I've seen with Briggs number tags is 1946 but that doesn't mean they weren't on 41 -42 cars as well - perhaps they weren't, perhaps I've just not found where on the car the # appears.

Posted on: 2010/6/14 8:19
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved