Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 219

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Hershey AACA National Meet
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve's 1st Packard
See User information
I was at the Hershey show over the weekend. Lots of great stuff to see and too much to see in a day. I stopped at the Packard Club hospitality tent, and saw many of the packard parts guys. One thing I noticed was the price of the 1929 & 1930 Limos. There were a number of them there for what seemed like a great deal. A 29 645 that seemd to be in mostly orig condition for 39k. A 10yr old restoration (nice!) 740 for just under 50k. More than I have to spend right now, but very tempting. The most impressive car was a 1915 Limo, it's massive.

All in all not too many Packards represented. I guess the Gettysburg meet was too close for everyone to make a second trip to the area.

Here are some pics.

Steve

Attach file:

jpg  (214.82 KB)
2863_4cb30a2f659d4.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (205.00 KB)
2863_4cb30b71aabca.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2010/10/11 8:06
Now, I am the man that owns one!
 Top  Print   

Re: Hershey AACA National Meet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for the pictures. Both great looking cars. I'm not up on that era but the black one is huge. It almost looks like a hearse with all the glass or is that the '15 limo you mentioned? If so, would not have expected that amount of glass in a limo or did the well heeled prefer to be seen and not hide behind tinted glass then.

Posted on: 2010/10/11 8:25
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hershey's over......waaaahh!

Sad to see a grown man cry! What a great time it was, so many interesting cars and people in one place!

Thanks to Big Kev for providing this venue to keep us all in contact and sane for the long, cold seasons ahead!

Steve

Posted on: 2010/10/14 11:56
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
You're more than welcome!

Posted on: 2010/10/14 12:26
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

gunnison
See User information
The two-tone green Packard is a 6-45 limousine, owned by someone from Belgium. I was told the owner was reluctant to take the car to Belgium because of the present disparity between the dollar and the euro.

Regarding the two 7-40's mentioned, one was a black and dark blue seven-passenger limousine from Quebec, with sidemounts and trunk rack, sold new by Packard Montreal, and the other a black seven-passenger sedan, with chrome-plated disc wheels and rear-mounted spare, from Florida. Apparently at some point in this car's history 7-45 front fenders had been installed.

Posted on: 2010/10/14 16:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

And it looks wonderful with those 745 front fenders too!

It belongs to this fellow:
http://www.Transflor.com/Vintage_Cars.htm

Steve

Posted on: 2010/10/14 17:25
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Photos taken at Hershey by Mike Grimes have now been uploaded in to the Photo Archive. Enjoy!

Posted on: 2010/10/28 12:16
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved