Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 218

Don Shields, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Repop pistons from Egge/Kanter/Packards International - update
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Again, Fred, many thanks for your time and effort clarifying the difference between a retail order from Kanter and an order from Packard Industries. It never occurred to me there would be a difference in the kit availability.

The reason we didn't order piston rings is we have a shelf full of Chevy and Ford rings the same as Packard Industries would have supplied.

In conclusion, it is a great benefit to Packard V8 owners and enthusiasts for you to come on here and update us on what is going on with Kanter and Packard Industries.

Many thanks

Jack Vines

Posted on: 2010/11/15 21:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Jack,

There is no question or concern I will not try to answer, whether is on a technical, mechanical or business topic.
I enjoy Packards and Packard people , come to think of it Lincolns, Cadillacs, Buicks, Desotos etc and their respective people.

When you get the basis for a decision , it is easier to understand how adn why it was made.

Hope your V8 rebuild went flawlessly.

Fred Kanter

Posted on: 2010/11/15 23:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Quote:
Hope your V8 rebuild went flawlessly.

Thanks for the good wishes. It is getting the full meal deal - line honed, decked, bored, honed, balanced, performance reground cam, stronger valve springs.

BTW, the reproduction .040" over pistons are 29 grams heavier than the OEM std-bore Packard pistons.

jack vines

Posted on: 2010/11/16 0:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved