Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 212

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: 1951 Patrician...in my Future??
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Mike, if I remember correctly, neither power steering nor power brakes were available in 1951 though when Easamatic brakes were introduced (in 1952?) a retrofit kit was made available for prior model year.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 8:03
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

markinroseburg
See User information
Well Guys (and gals)I appreciate all of the comments about my search. I have made an offer on the 51 Patrician. We'll see where it goes. For those of you interested...it is dark blue, blue and grey interior. It has a rear seat speaker, still has the foot rests, power antenna, Exterior sunvisor, windshield washers, Ultramatic, day/night mirror. No power steering, brakes or windows. No power seat. A pretty basic car. I am rather thankful that it doesn't have any of these things - less to break or fix.
In stark contrast to my 51 Imperial club coupe.... which has Power windows, steering and brakes, windshield washers, exterior sunvisor, spotlight and fog lights.

The Packard doesn't seem as luxurious as the Imperial. Kinda of an understated elegance, although the interior appointments seem much richer. Perhaps that is what Packard buyers wanted. Both cars are somewhat devoid of any tasteless chrome, both cars have skirts. In my opinion, the Packard is more modern looking.

I calmly wait (not really ) to see if my offer is accepted.
Mark

Posted on: 2010/10/29 9:21
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

ted
See User information
yep that is the car I purchased, the sellers son installed power steering kit from Max Merritt for him since he was 85 when he bought the car to make it easier for him to drive. To me the car is a dream come true.Good luck and I hope it comes your way,,

Posted on: 2010/10/29 9:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Interesting and good to hear about the retrofit power steering unit from MM. As I get more decrepit I may want to take advantage of that.

Jim L. in OR

Posted on: 2010/10/29 13:23
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
No retrofit needed, parts from any Packard with power steering will fit on all the '51-'56 models. '48-'50 as well with a little modification...

Posted on: 2010/10/29 14:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
So far, since joining, there hasn't been a single day I haven't been grateful for finding this group. This information is a perfect example of that.
I'll have to chip in to get you a cape to wear. You'll have to learn the flying for yourself. At least Packard had an air plane engine history to help provide the power.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 15:45
 Top  Print   

Re: 1951 Patrician...in my Future!!!!!!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

markinroseburg
See User information
Well, my offer was accepted!! I will soon have possession of my Packard Patrician. I will post pics as soon as I receive it. I must say I am absolutely thrilled! I'm not so sure my girlfriend is as excited...

Posted on: 2010/10/30 1:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Congratulations Mark on your Patrician purchase, looking forward to seeing the pic's.

Posted on: 2010/10/30 2:45
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Great news indeed! As a fellow new 1951 Packard purchaser (my 200 Deluxe is coming in on Wednesday) I can only say you've come to the right place for help and assistance. I too look forward to seeing the pictures! In dark blue, a Patrician would look very stately and elegant.
By the way, I too own an Imperial, a 1960 that I've had for 40 years.

Jim L. on OR

Posted on: 2010/10/30 9:31
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

markinroseburg
See User information
Jim,
I know this is a bit off topic, but the 1960 Imperial is one of my all-time favorite Imperials - not an ugly line on that car. I love that big cow catcher grille and bumper, striking dash. Somewhat garish, yet not nearly as over-the-top as a Caddy of the same era. That Imp is another car that has been on my 'want' list for years. I go to the Forest Grove Concours d'Elegance and have always admired the '60 convertible that shows up regularly. Heck any of those 57-60 Imperials are great. My dad and I restored his '63 LeBaron. Awesome cars. Hard to find in nice shape, although a few nice ones end up on eBay from time to time, but always out of my reach.

You have two nice ones. My Patrician is a project but I am excited nevertheless.

Posted on: 2010/10/30 10:52
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved