Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 217

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Original seal beams
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The older traditional method of parking on a level 25 feet from a wall, sighting down the center of the car to find the centerline, measuring left an right form center to find the centerline of each bulb, mesuring up for the height of the bulb from the floor, and then adjusting each to the specifications works well. The specs for bulb alignment is commonly found in older Packard shop manuals, owner's manuals in some cases, and many other places.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 13:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That's the way to do it the old way for sure. I wonder how many would do it today though. In the populated areas, it might be hard to find the level space in a dim enough area where you could see the light beam properly. I suspect most will just take the car somewhere.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 14:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
I guess time passed me by. I always do it the old way per the old manual. I will continue the old way. Thanks everyone for helping me with this question.

Posted on: 2010/11/3 14:34
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved