Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
192 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 192

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Searching For A Particular '56 Executive
Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
I am searching for a '56 Executive that was purchased and owned by my parents. It was the last new '56 Packard sold from the dealer in the Santa Clara valley in California (also known as Silicone Valley). It was sold in the early '70s for lack of part availability.

I don't have the VIN, but the car had a paint code of DA and the interior was code 43. It was model 5672A (4-door hardtop). I guess I would like to find it's VIN and it's disposition.

If I can find out more info, I would also like to find a copy of the factory 'build sheet' for that car as well as my current '56 Executive.

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.

I posted this in this forum, but probably should've posted it in another, so let me know if it needs to be moved.

Posted on: 2011/1/8 5:16
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Searching For A Particular '56 Executive
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
A 5672A is an Executive Four Door Touring Sedan. Basically, a Clipper Custom with the Senior Packard front end sheet metal and grille. You can review the Packard Owner Registry and the Packard Model Info listings on this site for more information on the car and for those that currently have one registered.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/1/8 12:18
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
I think that's Silicon Valley... Silicone Valley might be closer to L.A.

Good luck finding the old family car!

Posted on: 2011/1/8 12:42
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Silicone--best friend to the stars. Although SF was dependent too. I do seem to remember a few aspiring "actresses" and dancers at some well known SF "artistic" go-go clubs in the 60s and 70s that had more than a nodding acquaintance. Just rumors--no first hand knowledge, mind you.

I also wish good luck. Remember a dark colored Exec sat on a used car lot for months near where I lived in SF in 60s. Would stop by and look until it disappeared. Alas, no funds in those days.

Posted on: 2011/1/8 13:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I thot it was called silicone valley because of all of the "hi tec" computer industry there. U know, Silicone chips and things like that. NOw i find out it's because of daisy dukes and bikinis on top????

Posted on: 2011/1/8 13:51
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Amazing what that final "e" can do. Silicon is a natural element in the chips & Silicone is a synthetic compound in the chest (and other places).

Posted on: 2011/1/8 14:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Maybe the Dagmaars were larger then and there? My brother remembers the rope on the back of the front seat and his reflection in the bumper 'boobs'.

Anyway, is there a site or place that may have the sales records from those final days? My current Executive is #5672A1454. I think that it was produced near the end of the production run and the one I am seeking should be around there as well. The only difference between the cars is that mine is paint code CA and my parent's car was paint code DA. Mine has 'Tahitian Jade' top and stripe, whereas the other car had 'Norwegian Forest' top and trim.

Posted on: 2011/1/8 14:42
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sales information was a matter between the dealership and the customer so there would probably be no factory record of that, but the shipping order from the factory to the dealer which also lists paint, trim and options and date of shipment still exist for many of the V8 Packards at the Studebaker Museum - have you contacted them? Also Roscoe Steford has a fairly extensive collection that includes the Caribbeans. One of those places or the other and you have a good chance of getting the Shipping Order.

But if you don't have a VN, then you're out of luck.

Posted on: 2011/1/8 15:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Just a minor point. The four door cars are sedans, not hardtops. Not a big deal but wanted to be sure we all talk the same language.

Posted on: 2011/1/8 16:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Quote:
Amazing what that final "e" can do. Silicon is a natural element in the chips & Silicone is a synthetic compound in the chest (and other places).

Similar to desert and dessert, no?

Posted on: 2011/1/8 17:37
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved