Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
246 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 245

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

34th Annual Texas Packard Meet
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
April 1-3, 2011

34th Annual Texas Packard Meet in Salado, Texas.

This is the oldest regional Packard meet in the country and one of the largest. It is sponsored jointly by the four Texas regions of the Packard Club and is held annually in Salado, Texas at the Stagecoach Inn. Salado is approximately 50 miles north of Austin on I-35.

The meet typically has from 40 to 70 Packards depending on the weather and over 100 master registrations.

Participants enjoy an early bird tour, all-Packard swap meet, peoples' choice competition, seminars, a banquet, and an awards program. There is also a meeting of the PAC board. Participants from all over the country compete for the long distance award. Fees for registration vary according to activities selected. Viewing for the public is free on Satuday morning.

For more information contact the meet registrar at bclark@stic.net. You can also go to the website at www.texaspackardmeet.com, or call (210) 922-300.

Posted on: 2011/1/18 11:42
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: 34th Annual Texas Packard Meet
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Photos from the event taken by Mike Grimes have been posted in the Car Shows area of the Photo Archive.

Thanks MIke!

Posted on: 2011/4/4 12:24
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Nice pictures, Mike Grimes, thanks for providing them. I do hope to get there next year, but will probably fly out. A bit hard to tell from the photos, but at least one of the 34 Eight club sedans (the bronze one) and the 32 900 coupe appear to have incorrect wheels and tires. A few other curiousities as well, but overall looks like a fine fleet of Packards in attendance. I would like to have gotten a first-hand look at the 55 Caribbean hardtop and the Custom 8 Henney.

Posted on: 2011/4/4 12:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
O_D, the Bronze '34 Club Sedan is a highly modified Packard that sports among many other changes a 454 BBC. The Maroon '47 Custom Clipper Sedan is mine. It was a great meet. Mike, thanks for posting. I took very few photos this year as compared to previous meets when I got one of every car on display.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/4/4 17:49
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
JW, I did linger a bit on your Custom Super Clipper photos, though I didn't realize it was yours - congratulations! Too bad to hear that the bronze club sedan is "buggered", a bona-fide Full Classic(tm) and such a rare body style.

Posted on: 2011/4/4 18:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
JW, I looked for you, but I was looking for a black 55 Clipper!! I told all my buds what I was looking for and they all said, "No solid black Clipper here!!" Wish I had gotten to meet you. Are you a member of the Heart of Texas Packard club? BTW, I really admired and drooled over your car!

Posted on: 2011/4/4 21:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
I got to sit in a Packard or two Saturday...

Attach file:

jpg  (16.06 KB)
2923_4d9a839e7efdc.jpg 448X299 px

Posted on: 2011/4/4 21:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
another...

Attach file:

jpg  (17.57 KB)
2923_4d9a83dbb95e6.jpg 351X336 px

Posted on: 2011/4/4 21:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Paul, sorry we were not able to connect at Salado. The '47 Clipper was a last minute substitute as work on the '55 did not get completed in time to take it. There were some especially nice cars in the Postwar Senior class, and the '50 Custom you are sitting in was one of the better ones.

(o{I}o)

P.S. Yes, I am a member of the Heart of Texas club, but it is mostly inactive at this time.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 9:47
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved