Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 213

CarFreak, TxGoat, BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Pictures of my New to me Constellation Bee
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
thanks for the help. i plan to get under there to see if wiggling the drive shaft a bit while my wife tries to more the level might help. just incase it is stuck in park by the parking arm in the trans. i will also look at the linkage, might need to be lubed a bit.

so, what you are saying is the linkage can align itself in a straight line causing the bind because the the joints are locked like an elbow.

Posted on: 2008/1/14 11:05
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Re: Pictures of my New to me Constellation Bee
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Exactly. They changed the index point on the transmission lever and length of rod to ensure the transmission lever was at slight angle when in park, otherwise rod and lever could drop into a straight line and couldn't go anywhere. If that is OK, then there were issues with the early pawl in transmission getting stuck in the parking gear. As mentioned, several items are covered in service info.

Posted on: 2008/1/14 11:25
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved