Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
224 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 223

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Saga of Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Thanks, Scott G. Might need to check with the Ohio library if no one else has a copy. I am an attorney so I know a bit about current copyright law. But I believe we would be dealing with the copyright law of 1949 so that might require a bit of research on my part. I wasn't even alive in 1949.
kens53clip

Posted on: 2011/1/26 0:27
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Good luck, keep us posted. This is very interesting stuff. The document has been used as source material for at least one book in addition to Kimes, another Automobile Quarterly publication, Packard: The Pride (An Automobile Quarterly Magnificent Marque) by Julie M. Fenster. This was out in 2005.

Good to have a lawyer on board. Keep us legal.

Posted on: 2011/1/27 21:19
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...There is a bit of the Russian section that I have, Guscha. Perhaps I can send it to you for use in your Doctoral thesis you are doing on Russian Packards. I am sure you will give credit where credit is due. Fair use doctrine exception to copyright law, understand...

Ken, I don't know how to use the subjunctive to write an expression of thanks, but I will try it. If you would have sent it to me and if I could have used it for my Doctoral thesis then you could have been sure that I would give credit where credit would be due. Fair use doctrine exception to copyright law, understand...

Not sure if this is what I wanted to say. Its short form is would have been THANK YOU!

--> shoulda woulda coulda...

Posted on: 2011/1/27 22:28
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Thanks, Guy, for the kind words. Determining whether or not a document is in the public domain is not always easy or cheap. If you want to see some of the difficulty, look at how Project Gutenberg does it for works they make available. Project Gutenberg's Copyright Rules! It's a good website for e-books if you have not been there.

Gerd, glad to provide that 1 page (out of about 107).

Until I decide on the copyright matter, if anyone has a direct question about Packard (1949 or before) that they want to see if Saga of Packard addresses, send me a private message and I will look at Saga of Packard and see if it says anything about it. If so, I will see if I can send a small portion of the manuscript to you directed to your question without violating any copyright laws. If I can do so without violating any copyright laws, I will.

Keep in mind Saga of Packard appears to be basically a project of an employee or employees in the Packard Advertising Department so while I think it is entertaining and informative, it is very much a booster of what is good about Packard and not a critical analysis.

And, of course, even if I think it is OK to post, it is Big Kev's website and he has the final decision whether or not he wants to post it.

Ken

Posted on: 2011/1/28 12:11
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Here are links to US Copyright Law and from Wiki/ duration of copyright and personal or for-hire-work.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_copyright_law

Posted on: 2011/1/28 16:04
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Thanks, Stephen!
Have been to copyright.gov and it is helpful. Wikipedia is usually helpful.
Ken

Posted on: 2011/1/28 17:09
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
It appears that the Packard Club (Packard Automobile Classics) has now posted the Saga of Packard on their website, (with a few changes, they say) making it available. Perhaps my bringing it to people's attention has done some good. If you want to read it, go to www.packardclub.org , go to the "Site Map", and then the "Library", and click on "The First 50 Years".
Ken

Posted on: 2011/2/3 13:52
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved