Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
245 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 244

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: LET IT SNOW!
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I hope everyone weathered the mega-storm in good shape. We had out own wacky weather here in the Southwest as well. Yesterday the winds were just howling. They recorded 80mph gusts in some areas and there were parts of freeways shutdown as the winds were so strong they were toppling over empty semi-trucks.

Last night it got down to 27f here, and this morning I went outside to discover the dog's water dish was a completely frozen block of ice. Good thing he sleep inside last night. 27f is a darn cold temp for Southern Calif.

Posted on: 2011/2/3 17:14
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Austin has been experiencing extremely cold weather (for us) since a Nor'easter came in early Tuesday morning. Temps during the day have not gotten above 32F and into the mid-teens over night. Texas had a rolling electrical service blackout yesterday. A number of generating plants went off line because of the weather. No Packarding in the garage this week. Before this we had beautiful warm weather in the mid-70s and I was able to get my task list started on the '55 Clipper. Take care, stay warm and stay safe.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/2/3 19:12
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Well, I am laying in some extra seal meat alongside the igloo for the huskies because it looks like it's going to be poor sledding for some time this year. The snow passed me by way south of here but it sure looked bad on the weather channel. Kev, I hope California warms up by late March!

Posted on: 2011/2/3 20:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I only got 26" on Wednesday. At least that is what they estimated since the wind made it difficult to have an accurate measure. Had a snow drift completely cover my car too.

Posted on: 2011/2/4 8:48
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
I agree with the let it snow sentiment fully. Here in the desert 'Old Pueblo' (Tucson,AZ) we had a low of 18 degrees and a high of 38 degrees yesterday. We call that a hard freeze and it ended up causing an actual city-wide state of an emergency here. Two people were found DOA from sleeping outside, thousands of water pipes burst throughout the city and large segments of the community are also without natural gas. I wish it would have snowed instead cause when it does, it typically melts by afternoon's end and it warmer outside. I cannot recall it ever getting this cold here in my lifetime.

(Now a question. Maybe a few of you can PM me so the thread doesn't get 'high-jacked'. I have 30 weight oil in the Packard and she is in the garage, but should I take here out for a drive (I want to test the heater - it rarely gets used here) would I be ok?)

Posted on: 2011/2/4 11:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Kev, Pm sent.

Posted on: 2011/2/4 12:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness."

To decorate and illuminate a dinner I experimented with elements. What you see is a candle on a home-made (mini)igloo. The ice cover needs some few hours to come into being at -15.0 ?C (5.0 ?F). The special surprise is under the icecap. There is another burning candle. To combine the opponents fire and ice is a little tricky but when you have the hang of it, then it will not fail to have the desired effect (click to enlarge).

Attach file:

jpg  (27.71 KB)
757_4d4c3a4286499.jpg 1023X768 px

jpg  (19.26 KB)
757_4d4c3c2d1a68a.jpg 497X228 px

Posted on: 2011/2/4 12:49
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
KevinAZ wrote Quote:
I have 30 weight oil in the Packard and she is in the garage, but should I take here out for a drive (I want to test the heater - it rarely gets used here) would I be ok?

If it is above 40F, you are probably OK. You might want to change to 10W-30 during the winter cold. Then change to 20W-50 in the Spring for Summer/Fall.

Craig

Posted on: 2011/2/4 13:14
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
My donor car saved from the crusher but not the snow.

Attach file:

jpg  (116.91 KB)
971_4d4c65386551e.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (77.51 KB)
971_4d4c6583e98d5.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (128.04 KB)
971_4d4c65e9bfba8.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2011/2/4 15:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
If anyone lives near me in Kenosha, I feel for you. Our schools were closed for Wed. and Thur. Our I-94 was completely shut down on Wed. I shoveled for four hours that day, my drive and the people across the street's drive. We got 23" here, had 6 1/2' drifts, and after I was done shoveling the drive (I did the 200 ft. of sidewalk, too) I had an 11' mound of snow on one side and a 9' mound on the other. 3' icesicles were hanging from my garage lights. Yeah, that was a little absurd. But, my garage is also heated, so I've still been out there. Packardtaximan, I love your car! I assume by your username that it's a taxi cab limousine, a Super Eight I believe, or is it a Super Deluxe Eight. Very nice!

Posted on: 2011/2/4 21:29
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved