Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
192 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 192

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Window Dust Scraper Seal
Home away from home
Home away from home

walkerman
See User information
I'm painting the inside window frames along with my dash on my 1953 Pat and the dust scraper seal is on with staples.I'm going to take off to paint Were is the best place to buy new ones and how do you put them on?
Thank You

Posted on: 2011/2/16 15:59
 Top  Print   

Re: Window Dust Scraper Seal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Restoration Specialties has a nice selection of bulk belting and window channel you can cut to length. Need to measure your width and if it has chrome edge or plain. Their replacement may not be exact but will be very close and undetectable if you do all.http://www.restorationspecialties.com/ Believe Steele Rubber and Kanter both offer belt kits already cut to length for some cars but those may be outside only.

I haven't used the kits and don't know if any hardware is included or not. I've done the outside pieces and when I did one car, carefully removed the staples and reused. They are very hard steel and apparently are unique items. On another car, found some very small flat head sheet metal screws-- believe they were number 4 x 3/8 long. I made the holes in strip and on door, then attached and made very sure the head was buried down inside the rubber base material. The flat head buried itself and sunk very nicely out of sight. That may work on the inside piece if there is enough clearance over the upholstery and inner pieces otherwise, you may have to re use the staples.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 17:39
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Window Dust Scraper Seal
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I've used hard stainless steel wire and cut little pieces and bent up the staples myself. Tedious, but it works.

Posted on: 2011/2/16 17:43
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved