Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 212

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

First public showing of my Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken Sadler
See User information
The local pub holds an informal classic car show on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month.

Yesterday evening the weather was perfect so I took mine along. We had a great evening. There were probably 50 cars in attendance (this grows during the summer to 150 or more)ranging from ?500 to... well, mine!

The Packard caused quite a stir and everyone agreed it was the star of the evening! I was even asked if it was a kit car

My 12 year old son loved showing the folks round and reeling off the facts and figures. I was amazed he remembered the stuff I had told him while we were working on it. It was great to see him bursting with pride for the car. He is normally obsessed with muscle cars and Ferraris but I think he has seen the light!!

Attach file:

jpg  (150.66 KB)
3518_4dafdc6158a13.jpg 1600X1145 px

Posted on: 2011/4/21 2:27
1930 Deluxe 8 745 Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton
See me in the Registry
 Top  Print   

Re: First public showing of my Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

IrishPackard
See User information
Hi,

Fantastic car, yes Packards always steal the limelight at shows, my own always is the 'most visited, most talked about' at shows. There again being the only Packard on the road in Ireland,its not surprising!

The 'kit cat' thing comes up very often, due mostly to the horrid Beaufords and other such bilge.

Have a great summer!

Pat.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 4:01
Pat Feeney,
Galway,
Rep. of Ireland.
1934 PACKARD 1101 CLUB SEDAN
1932 DODGE BROTHERS DK8
1927 BUICK MASTER
1923 Model T Tourer
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken Sadler
See User information
Pat,

Those Beaufords are dreadful. I can't imagine how anyone would want one for their wedding.

For our colleagues stateside who have not had the pleasure of a Beauford, this is one below.

Its got modern (well, 1980s) running gear and masquerades as a 1930's classic and they sell most to the wedding operators. They even have the cheek to advertise in the classic car magazines and say they are "suppliers of vintage and classic cars".

Look carefully and you can see that the body tub and windscreen is from a BMC Mini.

I wonder how many brides have ridden in these thinking they have shown exquisite taste in hiring a 1930's vintage car.

I checked the other UK forums and some great photos of the evening were posted including this one for which I was grateful (permission sought. He isquite talented with a camera and did well to get a shot without a crowd round the car - more than I mangaged!!

At least the enthusiasts appreciate real class.

Attach file:

jpg  (38.28 KB)
3518_4db02b8454b54.jpg 600X371 px

jpg  (20.20 KB)
3518_4db02f2333596.jpg 400X299 px

jpg  (89.16 KB)
3518_4db02f9cb520f.jpg 850X575 px

Posted on: 2011/4/21 8:18
1930 Deluxe 8 745 Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton
See me in the Registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Wait until you getasked if it's a Rolls which happens quite often. Excellent looking car. It's great to be different.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 12:47
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...I checked the other UK forums and some great photos of the evening were posted including this one for which I was grateful (permission sought. He isquite talented with a camera and did well to get a shot without a crowd round the car - more than I mangaged!!...

Ken, as far as I see you've managed enough. Without your car that photograph would be the spitting image of a pic, that shows a 70's parking lot in the country.

Speaking of car images, in January we were looking for a 740 or 745 expert.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 14:13
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved