Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
131 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

contact point set
Home away from home
Home away from home

walkerman
See User information
Anyone have a replacement for autolite dist-- points CS16. and condenser AL71

Thank You

Posted on: 2011/5/7 6:00
 Top  Print   

Re: contact point set
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Can't help with the points but most any condensor will work. they are really not particular about voltage, # of cylinders, etc. Most all are between 0.23 and 0.28 mfd - just get a universal condensor.

Didn't we just go thru this on CS-16 a week or two ago? Check back, perhaps something surfaced there. If not, you can purchase a tune-up kit from Kanter Bros.

Again, hate to keep repeating - these parts are predictably beginning to dry up - estimate your future needs and get them while you can, voltage regulators, points, caps, rotors, generator and starter brushes, etc.

Posted on: 2011/5/7 8:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
MaxMerrit has the points you need for $15 a set. I bought 5 sets.

Keep in mind, i think you can use cs15 and cs16 style points on an autolite dist, it has to do with how the points mounting area on the plate is, raised or dimpled. Napa has everything else.

Posted on: 2011/5/7 10:00
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

AJ
See User information
I have CS-16 and CS-17 (Custom 8) points NORS if anyone needs them. Also have caps and rotors. ajhubbard-sp@sbcglobal.net

Posted on: 2011/5/10 17:21
If it burns fuel and makes noise. I want to see it.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved