Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
206 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 206

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

fog light switch
Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
Question I just installed fog lights on the car and when I did I found out that the switch on the dash was a dummy. For the time being I just put one under the dash but..... Where can I find one for the dummy switch? Thanks.

Posted on: 2011/7/12 9:00
1948 Custom Eight
1950 Super Eight Convertible
 Top  Print   

Re: fog light switch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'll bow to the 48-50 experts in case the switches are different but Max has a map/reading light switch on his site and while packards1 has his ebay store down while the meet is on, I believe he also had one showing.

Posted on: 2011/7/12 9:14
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
I bought a spare old switch panel from ebay and just used one of the other switches and moved it over to a different slot on mine to line up with the fog lights. When you take the switch panel apart or look up there (you'll likely have to move the climate controls panel) you'll see a bolt is holding that button out. If you take it out and put a switch in, you're good to go.

Just don't use a heater switch. It's also a good idea to just use that switch to run a relay, i'm blowing fuses from time to time running that switch, they seem kind of flimsy. Use a volt meter to make sure the switch works open and closed with every push before you put it in, to avoid finding out it needs cleaned after you have it installed.

If you find an old switch, they're not bad to take apart and clean and put some dielectric grease in.

Posted on: 2011/7/12 9:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
If you can't find one in the usual places, i'll check that rusty switch rack to see if any more are suitable. But you'll want to get one in better condition if you can.

Posted on: 2011/7/12 9:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
Thanks for all the info.

Posted on: 2011/7/12 10:39
1948 Custom Eight
1950 Super Eight Convertible
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved