Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
124 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

Bingo, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard aero engine
Just popping in
Just popping in

Jorge Lopes
See User information
Hello everyone,

My mane is Jorge Lopes (Flysafe) this i tis my first post here, I live in Lisbon, Portugal.

I wonder if anyone can help me with some information or a link where I can see the engine in more detail the engine is an aero engine Packard Model 1A-1237 V-12. I'll build a boat that is called Hornet II radio controlled 1 / 8 scale I want to do a template engine to place in the boat.

I have been searching on Google for information about this engine I do not have had great success with the search I got two pictures where some parts are not shown.

If anyone can help me would be fantastic and I would be grateful.

Thank you all.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 7:16
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard aero engine
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Jorges,
to PackardInfo and, if memory serves me, our first member from Portugal!

Probably your best source of information for Packard aero engines is Robert J. Neal, a member of this Site, but not a regular if I can use that terminology. Robert has authored a number of books which cover the broad subject you're interested in and brief reviews of "Master Motor Builders" and "Packards at Speed" can be found here in The Packard Bookshelf. If you can source copies of these publications, (eBay or Amazon?) these would probably assist you.

Here's a link to Robert's Public Profile which includes an email address, or click on the PM link button there. Or Robert may see this thread and respond directly, never know your luck.

You probably found this in your Google searches, It provides a couple of pic's, ex Robert Neal, of the Packard 1A-1237 which blow up bigger when clicked on.

Posted on: 2011/7/29 2:55
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard aero engine
Just popping in
Just popping in

Jorge Lopes
See User information
Hello everyone,

Ozstatman Thank you so much for the help, I will send a message to Robert J. Neal to see if he has any more detailed information That he can share with me, in the meantime I will try ebay or amazon for some books of Robert J. Neal.

The images I got was of that site you posted.

Thank you all.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 7:34
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved