Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 165

JWL, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Seat covers
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Does anyone have pictures of the custom made seat covers from Kanter? I would like to see how they look before considering them. I have an estimate to do the interior of my 54 for $3500.00 complete. Is that a good price for the Midwest area?

Posted on: 2011/7/28 10:29
 Top  Print   

Re: Seat covers
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I'd say before you judge the price , be clear on whether this is to do an authentic interior, a period interior, or something else

Posted on: 2011/7/28 12:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I have been searching the internet for pictures of period interiors. There are many choices in the Packard line. I want simple ,but with bright colors. Probably vinyl. The car color will is 100% Polaris Blue now, but I am going to have the top done in Meridian Blue Metallic. This is a standard combination according to the color codes.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 11:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you are not going to go stock on the upholstery then Kanters kits are not that bad and are reasonably priced. A few posters here have considered and I believe bought them for their drivers. I used one of their headliner kits years ago. Their seat kits are generic in styling with modern materials and colors & obviously won't win an authenticity award. Samples will be sent if you ask for some in colors you like so you can pick the closest match. From feedback I remember, they are serviceable, do fit reasonably well with minimal massaging needed--although a bit of upholstery expertise may also be needed. The biggest issue would probably be the old foam padding and under structure in your car now may need work. If the typical foam rubber of the period is still there, probably half of it has turned to dust by now.http://www.kanter.com/eCatalog/00056.htm

Posted on: 2011/7/30 13:06
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Here is another option if going original is not in the budget. They make seat covers and you can also order door panels in the same styles.

http://www.ezboyinteriors.com/Packages.htm

Posted on: 2011/7/30 13:40
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Another not exactly original alternative might be Autocraft seat covers from J.C. Whitney. EZBoy, mentioned by BigKev, is Autocraft's retail branch. Last time I looked, Autocraft didn't say how far they would go back on their J. C. Whitney seat covers. I know they made seat covers for my 53 Clipper in the 70's so they might still do Packards through J.C. Whitney as well. They're doing Packards through EZBoy anyway. Colors and designs are more limited with J. C. Whitney than with EZBoy but prices are also less. Autocraft through J.C. Whitney also sells extra materials for door panels, etc. Might be worth a shot.
J. C. Whitney
Ken

Posted on: 2011/7/30 14:47
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I think EzBoy may have changed hands as they shown they are owned and operated by LeBaron Bonney Company.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 15:15
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
LeBaron Bonney purchased Autocraft, from their Spring 2011 Catalog:

"Greetings from LeBaron Bonney,
The antique auto industry is an industry of change.
As I travel to shows, I see changes in the types of cars being showcased and the unique characteristics each owner has chosen for their car.
In the past few years, I have also seen an increase
in the number of our customers who own more than
one vehicle. Many are restoring a Model A, as well as
a later-model streetrod or muscle car. LeBaron Bonney
as a company has a long-standing tradition of contin-
ued growth. Over the years, we have acquired the Hampton Coach and ABC Auto Upholstery Companies to compliment our existing line.
I am proud to announce our latest addition to LeBaron Bonney Company: EZBoy Interiors. EzBoy and its sister company, Autocraft Interiors, add many new options to anyone working on the interior of their vehicle. Rather than try to replicate the original materials as the traditional LeBaron Bonney lines do, the EZBoy line is a completely custom to each car. We now have patterns for over 7000 makes, models and variations from 1928 to the present (see the list on page 4). From these patterns, we can produce seat upholstery that you can design yourself from a wide range of stitch patterns and materials, and easily install yourself. We are happy to manufacture these new customized interiors with the same quality as you have come to expect from LeBaron Bonney. As well as the seat upholstery, the new EZBoy line offers a new line of Glide Seat Frames (see page 55), panel upholstery (see page 7), seat covers and slipcovers. We manufacture our own new line of specialty seats: The EZRide Bench Seat, the Bomber Seat and the Rat Rod Seat (see page 5), all of which fit a wide variety of vehicles, and can be made in your choice of materials.
With this acquisition, we have added new staff, undergone extensive training, and are ready to provide you with an even wider line of products than ever before. See more information on the EZBoy line of products at www.EZBoyinteriors.com.
As always, watch our website (www.lebaronbonney.com) for new events and instructional videos; be sure to add your name to our list to receive our electronic newsletter (just send an email to advertising@lebaronbonney.com); and don't hesitate to stop by for a tour if you are in the area."

Posted on: 2011/7/30 15:20
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I did check the website and saw that the kit runs about $2500.00, so far my local shop looks pretty good at $3500.00 complete, no leather only vinyl and cloth. I also have a PT Cruiser and went with roll and pleated inserts. It's a thing from my early years reading Car Craft and Hot Rod. I am sure the PT styling took me back a few years. I have had the PT for 11 years and have no plans to let it go. For now it is outside and the Packard has the garage honors. In my searches I notice several roll and pleated Packard styles that looked very good.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 15:24
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved