Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
256 user(s) are online (158 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 256

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Best Advertisement for a 1955 400 was .....?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
I'm about to embark upon having an "A-Frame -Sandwich Board" sign made for my 1955 400. One side will contain all the specifics about my car (production numbers, engine size & shops I used to complete her etc.) the reverse side will show an enlarged Packard ad showcasing the 400. I'm seeking opinions from 55-56 enthusiasts on what ad or ads they think best shows the 55 Packard in all its glory. Please post a pic of the ad if you have any.

I will be showing my 400 in the White Mountains of Arizona at one of the grander car shows in the state in September. This is a "bucket list" type of situation for me. It took me nearly 10 years to complete the car and I always said to myself that I would have her in this awesome car show before I die (My friends know that something did indeed try to interrupt that dream). This September will allow me to 'check-off' that dream as BEING done! The resurrection of my Packard remains very meaningful and special to me.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

kg

Posted on: 2011/8/2 19:35
 Top  Print   

Re: Best Advertisement for a 1955 400 was .....?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Guess it depends on from where you are going to get the ad.

None in the archive are very good quality for printing. The only one that specifically says 400 and has minimal reading yet highlights the prime feature of the car is this one.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=3101&cid=93 --nice dignified car and short and to the point copy but the red one would really catch my eyehttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=1791&cid=93 except it's an ad with no copy.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 19:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
See now........I've not ever seen the ad in the first link you posted. Maybe I can locate an actual copy for reproduction?

Posted on: 2011/8/2 20:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I had never seen that one either. ALWAYS something new to see, and learn. Thanks HH.

How about this one?https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=4890

Posted on: 2011/8/2 22:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Can't claim credit for it -- just happened to see that was the specific model asked for and the simple text. Like the blue & white car better though.

Might be nice to have both of them. Need to find decent copies of whatever you choose though and I don't have any 55 ads in my collection.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 22:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
I have a brochure for '55 Packards with one page devoted to the 400. It is a red and white car with a man in the driver's seat and a lady in shorts leaning against the car, talking to him.
"THE NEW PACKARD Four Hundred" with four Hundred in italics.

At the bottom of the page is a shot of the trunk open, with lots of suitcases inside. The page is almost poster size - 10 1/2 X 14 1/2.

Any help?

Bernardi

Posted on: 2011/8/3 22:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
EBAY IS A GREAT PLACE TO SEARCH FOR ADS, TYPE IN THE KEY WORDS AND MAGIC...THE ADS APPEAR.

CONGRATULATIONS ON ACHIEVING YOUR DREAM.

WHEN I FINISH A CAR I ALWAYS WONDER WHT THE ORIGINAL OWNER FELT LIKE DRIVING HIS DREAM FOR THE FIRST TIME

Posted on: 2011/8/4 5:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Kevin, how about an image from a catalog or brochure? Here are some photos of a Four Hundred from a two-page spread in one of the brochures.

(o{}o)

Edit: Bernardi and I had the same idea, only he mentioned it first. Great minds...

Attach file:

jpg  (34.02 KB)
565_4e3ae498ecafe.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (30.06 KB)
565_4e3ae4b13e2ea.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (31.98 KB)
565_4e3ae4bdaf6b8.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2011/8/4 13:29
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
I am the editor for Motor City Packard bi-monthly publication called " The Packard Digest" and I am ALWAYS looking for old car ads for some color. Recently I bumped into this website and it has a ton of old cars ads:
http://www.plan59.com/cars/cars_01.htm

There are over 500 ads. You will have some fun searching through the web site looking for the Packard stuff.

Good hunting, --Roger--

Attach file:

jpg  (74.16 KB)
436_4e3b0b54085cf.jpg 845X420 px

jpg  (89.87 KB)
436_4e3b0b7028067.jpg 553X550 px

Posted on: 2011/8/4 16:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Roger, that is almost overwhelming. To compare that shower of ads, its profusion of design vocabulary and quality with Soviet car ads would be largely ridiculous.
You knocked me over.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 16:56
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved