Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 235

DJP-37-120, Don B, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

56 Caribbean Conv on TV
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

vicpick58
See User information
Anyone catch a show called 'Warehouse 13" on the Sci Fy channel?

There was a brief scene with a 56 Caribbean convertible on the episode that aired last week. Wonder if the owner is on this forum.

Posted on: 2011/8/14 13:45
Former owner of: 1955 Clipper Constellation
1956 400
1956 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Re: 56 Caribbean Conv on TV
Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
I saw the episode and when the camera panned past the 'frenched' headlights and front curve of the hood, it was easily identifiable as a 56 Caribbean. I am glad to finally see a 56 Packard on TV or film. I have it on my DVR.

It seems strange to me that so few have ever seen a V8 Packard, let alone any post-war Packard. The pre-war Packards don't seem to be as unknown. So many people ask me "who makes Packard?".

Posted on: 2011/8/15 8:06
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Didn't see that show but I've seen a few stationary or parking lot scenes with some post wars. Agree V8's and post wars do seem to be ignored--or if not ignored then sometimes not shown in their best light.

On the latter, aside from a notorious fact such as replicating the Starkweather getaway car briefly in a movie and another V8 in a TV show where a suicide supposedly happened inside, an episode of the old original Superman series still comes to mind. Not sure why I keep remembering it other than dad having and me driving a similar model for several years.

Perry White and another character come into the scene at a fast clip driving a 51 or 2 Packard. When stopping, aside from a pronounced nose dive, a very loud brake squeal is heard. It was even over dialog so guess the series was really low budget not to do it again. Not, I believe, your expected Packard behavior--maybe that's why it sticks.

Posted on: 2011/8/15 9:15
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A 51 or 52 Packard is in the opening scenes of "The Hustler" with Jackie Gleason.

Posted on: 2011/8/15 9:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
1956 Packard Patrician in the Cher movie Mermaids.When the Winona Rider character leaves home in their 57 Chevy wagon, Bob Hoskins goes to retieve her and tows the wagon home with the Patrician.

Posted on: 2011/8/15 10:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
A '55 Patrician, parked on the street, is briefly in one of the scenes of "Lords of Flatbush". How in the heck I can remember this obscure memory is beyond me.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2011/8/15 12:35
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
I never saw this on TV, but I like the ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y1DPWB3-q4

Posted on: 2011/8/15 13:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
I remember a 54 Packard Henny Limo in the Godfather II.And if I am not mistaken, the Don went to his final resting place in a 48 Custom Eight Hearse. There is also an old (70's) horror movie called the Hearse that featured a 1953 Packard Hearse throughout the picture.

Posted on: 2011/8/15 13:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
I guess these cars make such an imprint on our brains that all it takes is a momentary view of any piece or curve of a body panel, we can positively id the Packard. A little longer view, we can tell the model and year ;)

Posted on: 2011/8/15 13:46
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved