Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 209

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Heater Grills
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

yesterdaysradio
See User information
Hello,

I need information. Does anyone have the data on the heater grills that were located on the back of the front seat facing the rear. Some models had four, two on each side of the seat. Another option was one on each side. There was also the configuration with two in the center.

I would like to know the years, the models, and and the number of heater grills used in each one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry

Posted on: 2011/8/19 12:58
 Top  Print   

Re: Heater Grills
Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Jerry
Are you asking about the 1940-42 models? Traditional bodies?
The formal sedans had two, one on top of another in the center of the separation unit.
Limousines and touring sedans (with divider but no window) have four, one on top of another, and located on the ends of the separation unit.

Posted on: 2011/8/19 13:44
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
The Parts Manual is less than helpful as far as number per model, but does show the models. The only model I can vouch for is the 1941 180 Limousine (4 grilles as pointed out by West). Every one of mine is toast.

Attach file:

jpg  (20.54 KB)
188_4e4f15d451072.jpg 520X265 px

Posted on: 2011/8/19 21:03
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

yesterdaysradio
See User information
Gentlemen,

Thanks for your help. The reproduction Heater Grills will be in Yesterday's Radio 2012 Catalog. I have had a number of requests for the item. It has been in the field and I am told that they fit properly. They will be at Hershey.

Jerry

Posted on: 2011/8/23 10:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
I'm assuming you've done them in different colors???
What is the cost of each?

Posted on: 2011/8/23 14:41
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Jerry,

Any interest in making plastic 51-54 door lock knobs? There are very hard to find in good shape in and in the right colors as they have to be heated to remove them from the barbed stem which is needed to remove the window garnish moldings, and as such get mangled pretty easily. Would be nice to have a new ones available and they would be a very simple mold to produce.

Sorry to take this off topic. I can move this to another thread if there is an interest.

Posted on: 2011/8/23 15:13
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

yesterdaysradio
See User information
Mr. Peterson,

I have made them in the Packard beige. They made of polyurethane and can be produced in any Packard color.
The cost is $100.00 each.

Bigkev,

I do not have the blueprint of the 51-54 door lock knob. What size is the shaft that it fits?Do you have a good one for measurement?

Jerry

Posted on: 2011/8/24 8:43
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Jerry all of mine are distorted from heat. The problem with the 51-54 lock knobs is that they fit over a thin, flat barbed bar, and not a round shaft. So that is why you can't ever use an aftermarket generic knob. Once the are pushed down over the barbed bar the only way to really remove them is to use a heat gun to soften the plastic enough to get them to pull off them off. It's a design I never understood from Packard.

If someone has a good one, perhaps we can get some picture and measurements for Jerry. I can take pictures/measurements of the barbed shaft. But the knob itself is pretty simple/basic in design.

I am half temped to see if I can get someone to machine them out of metal with a set screw!

Posted on: 2011/8/24 10:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Hmmm...I thought the lock knobs on my '51 were on a round threaded shaft. I'll have to look at mine again.

Posted on: 2011/8/24 13:24
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Not the best pic, but mine are on a threaded round shaft. Must have changed sometime after '51, unless I am looking at the wrong part?

Attach file:

jpg  (54.87 KB)
508_4e55ad555fc73.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2011/8/24 21:03
[url=h
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved