Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 127

West Peterson, TxGoat, Dbedsole, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 Packard 120 8 cyl
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

william george stocker
See User information
Hi to all the Guys just want to say - Have finished the Engine rebuild and all looks good.
Started it up today and she ran like a dream!!
just want to thank you guys for all your help and support Regards Bill.

Attach file:

jpg  (125.56 KB)
3888_4f63b2501d79b.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/3/16 16:36
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 Packard 120 8 cyl
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
William,

There is nothing like the thrill one gets from hearing an engine that one has rebuilt start and run. Nothing, well there is one thing that can bring the same level of excitement...

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/3/16 21:15
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 Packard 120 8 cyl
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Mighty fine. Savor every bit of the garage journey. When you're driving, enjoying the assembled car, you'll be glad you went the extra mile in every detail, Dr. Stocker, and may you keep her stock.

JW's soooo right about hearing that rebuilt motor come to life. When the mechanic, an ex-sprint car builder from the old days, told me he finished my '40 120's engine back in '75 ("....hardly a man is now alive, who remembers that famous day and year..." -- apologies to Longfellow), i rushed to his shop. The freshly painted 282 was perched between stout wooden blocks, a copper coil like a moonshiner's still coming from a Maxwell House coffee can full of gas atop his office bookcase. I still remember that unmuffled roar.

Posted on: 2012/3/17 5:04
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved