Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 204

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Packup?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ramon R.
See User information
Hello everyone, I have a question, has anyone ever seen or heard of a Packard Packup? An El Camino styled Packard? Just curious. Thanks for your input. Ramon

Posted on: 2012/6/25 9:27
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Packup?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There was a regular Studebaker pickup branded as a Packard for a particular foreign market. Some conversions of regular cars during the day - some done by dealers for use as service vehicles. Don't believe anything was ever done by the Packard factory after they stopped truck production way back when. Ross has made quite a few nice looking conversions of 50s era Packards in recent years.

Posted on: 2012/6/25 9:40
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Yes. First time I saw such an example was at the former Perrysburg meet, near Toledo, OH, back in 2002. Based on a '53 Clipper, it's not a factory job, but someone's custom work. Not sure whether it was inspired by ElCamino or Ranchero - or how long ago it was done.

Though I overheard some derogatory comments from a few snobs, I thought this was an interesting execution - not some butchered mess. Someone even went to the trouble to cut and splice the letters of a stock name plate to make a nifty "Packup" script.

Member Ross (Miller) has also done similar fully-finished/drivable/enjoyable conversions on various models of the 1951-56 era. For some additional perspective, see the thread that he started, back in 2009, on Packard Pickups.

Attach file:

jpg  (88.69 KB)
103_4fe87a1da7ed2.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (93.25 KB)
103_4fe87aca57dac.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (68.21 KB)
103_4fe87af58c486.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2012/6/25 9:55
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ramon R.
See User information
You guys are flat out AWESOME! I had a co-worker who saw one in Cadillac, MI and asked me if I knew anything about them. Thanks again for the info.

Posted on: 2012/6/25 10:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Ramon:

Here is a pdf. file showing a 1937 Packard Pickup that was a conversion done (presumably) by a dealer for use as a service car. It belongs to the Richard and Linda Kughn Collection in Livonia, MI.

While I have you on the line, I don't recall if you are a member of Motor City Packards. You need to join the fun. We are hosting the Packard National Meeting in June 2013. Still plenty of time to join.

Download our application here:http://www.motorcitypackards.com/files/other/MCP_App.PDF

Best, --Roger--

Attach file:

pdf Size: 49.84 KB; Hits: 41

Posted on: 2012/6/25 13:39
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ramon R.
See User information
Thanks Roger, for the pdf file as well as the invite! I will most certainly join the club. It's really a pleasure to be part of a forum with so many friendly and helpful people. There's just not enough of that anymore. Thanks again. Ramon

Posted on: 2012/6/26 10:28
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved