Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 116

Andrew Sinclair, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Phillips screws
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vinnie
See User information
Can anyone tell me if Packard used phillips screws on the 1940 110 series cars. All of my chrome work on the inside of the car has phillips screws.
Also I am looking for a horn button for that car and have a windshield wiper motor and heater box for sale. Thank you Vinnie

Posted on: 2015/8/16 10:43
 Top  Print   

Re: Phillips screws
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It appears they used some Phillips screws. Here is a list from the utility section of the 35-41 parts manual. Special purpose or one time use screws may not be listed in the utility section though.

You can go thru the parts manual and find the trim or item you are questioning. Generally they will list the part number of the attachment screw and quantity needed toward the end of the item or group listing.

Attach file:

jpg  (60.47 KB)
209_55d0b359416fd.jpg 371X849 px

Posted on: 2015/8/16 10:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Vinnie - Need to know if you are looking for a horn button for the standard 3 spoke steering wheel, or for the accessory banjo wheeel. The banjo horn button is reproduced by Yesterday's Radio. I have a couple horn buttons for the standard wheel, either super nice used, or NOS. Might be interested in doing some trading, best to zap me a couple photos directly to me, flackmaster at sbcglobal point net

Posted on: 2015/8/16 11:00
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vinnie
See User information
thanks for the info

Posted on: 2015/8/17 8:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If memory serves the Phillips screw was patent applied for in 1934 and the first use in the automotive industry for interior trim was 1936 for Cadillac and the balance of the industry pretty much following the next year.

Posted on: 2015/8/17 8:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved