Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
174 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 173

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Cost of 733 408 interior
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
What would it cost to do a complete interior in a 733 408

Posted on: 2017/12/13 6:58
 Top  Print   

Re: Cost of 733 408 interior
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
That's a very hard ballpark question, I don't know what the interior of the car looks like but It might be easier to break the interior down into different categories, eg., headliner, door panels, upholstery, dash and gauges, interior paint, metal fabrication, glass, carpet and underlayment, etc., your question as asked can only deliver a "best guess" answer. Or, call a restoration shop and they might be able to give a best guess estimate. Hope this helps.

Posted on: 2017/12/13 13:43
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
I recently had the upholstery replaced in a 1930 740 limo. All upholstery was replaced, headlining, door trim, seats carpets, all copied exactly from original photos and all authentic materials purchased from Hirsch. All up it costs a bit less than $25k (Australian) Man hours were around 200.
The work was done to a very high standard and did not include any of the interior decorative woodwork, glass it was just upholstery.

Posted on: 2017/12/13 15:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
I have several bids for to doing a complete job on my 901's interior. One of the quotes is from a person who works at the Nethercutt who does it on the side. He want $25 for labor. I ques the material would run 4K. Another was $18k and I again furnish the material.

Posted on: 2017/12/13 18:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I think I'm in the wrong line of work!

Posted on: 2017/12/13 22:07
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
The car was being restored all the wood was replaced but needs complete interior headliner seats door panels

Posted on: 2017/12/16 15:39
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved