Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 237

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

PACs Henry Joy IV Tour
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Enclosed are some photos from the just completed Henry Joy IV tour, hosted by the North Atlantic region of PAC and impeccably organized by Chuck & Janet Flinchbaugh. The locale was upstate New York, centered in Saratogo Springs and touring (total of about 500 miles) out each day in different directions, including the Adironcack Mtn Park near Mt. Marcy, the headwaters of the Hudson River, Lake George with steamer excursion, Saratoga Battlefield, and much more. This tour certainly set the "gold standard" for future events. Fifty-nine Packards were registered though some came and went during the week; delightfully about 50% were prewar cars, and a very suprising 4 cars were 1st thru 4th series cars! Also we had the pleasure of having 1 of only 2 known 734 Speedster roadsters as well as some others you would not ordinarily expect to find on tour! This year I took my 1934 Eight as the bucolic secondary roads of upstate New York were beautiful and particularly well suited to older cars, venues visited were just terrific. Watch for a writeup in a future issue of PAC publications.

Henry Joy tours can be held in any part of the country so watch for information about future ones and if your car is on the road, join PAC if you arent' a member and have a truly memorable experience.

Attach file:

jpg  (151.58 KB)
177_4ab4d901bb151.jpg 1280X870 px

jpg  (146.14 KB)
177_4ab4d910327ad.jpg 1280X870 px

jpg  (155.40 KB)
177_4ab4d923890f5.jpg 1280X870 px

jpg  (165.57 KB)
177_4ab4d9342f3f3.jpg 1280X870 px

jpg  (180.64 KB)
177_4ab4d94728a2b.jpg 1280X861 px

Posted on: 2009/9/19 8:15
 Top  Print   

Re: PACs Henry Joy IV Tour
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Dave, Thanks for the write up and the photos. looks like a splendid tour and I wish I lived closer so I could have participated.

Posted on: 2009/9/19 9:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks for the write up and the photos. looks like a splendid tour and I wish I lived closer so I could have participated.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures and hope you can make a future event; we had 2 cars from Ontario, a 7th Series roadster and one other. The 7th Series did every event w/o problems including the relatively high speed Northway segment up to Adirondack Museum. And the car which received the "long distance" award for the most miles driven TO the event was for just over 900 miles, and another (a 41 LeBaron limo) at just under 900.

Mechanical problems were few, no tire problems that I'm aware of, one leaky fuel pump, another had some carburetor issues, but all trivial. The local Mobil station did a booming gasoline business! I pushed the old 34 agressively on some short stretches but my only problem was that upon arriving home my right-front door latch began of act up.

Posted on: 2009/9/19 9:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Dave, I wish I had more faith in my car being able to make the trip. It would be over 900 miles using an all Canada route and somewhat less going via Chicago or Detroit. Maybe next year? In any event I really enjoyed your photos. Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/9/19 13:40
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Dave,

for sharing with us your pic's and commentary about the tour. Looks like a fabulous event in great settings.

Posted on: 2009/9/19 16:03
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Just picked up this YouTube montage of pic's(below) from a posthttp://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6#unread on the PAC Site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ayyMiFcKQ8

Posted on: 2009/10/8 21:06
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Dave,
Thanks for the pictures.
I can hardly wait for a PAC Henry Joy Tour to come to South Dakota
But I am NOT holding my breath.
Though a more Midwestern excursion would be welcome for some of us.

*I too (like Clipper47) would love to have my Clipper at a point where I could drive it 1000 miles one way w/o major troubles.
*BUT, considering I have already driven-repaired-driven-repaired it for 5000 miles in the 2 years I have had it,
*after 20 years of being driven only 400 miles and deteriorating to "unroadworthy" status,
***I SUPPOSE,I will rejoice that this Old Packard is headed in the right direction.

Someday --- "Henry Joy Tour, here I come."

DanL

Posted on: 2009/10/8 23:06
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
Do we know when and where the Henry Joy Tour is next year??

Posted on: 2009/10/9 20:59
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved