Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
241 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 241

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Small "dog dish" wheel covers?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Did Packard ever use a small (8"-10") diameter wheel cover which clipped on to the wheel area immediately outside the bolt circle? Most manufacturers forced buyers to pay extra for full wheel covers, but did Packard? Does anyone have a photo of the small covers? Does anyone have a couple for sale or trade?

thnx, jack vines

Posted on: 2010/2/27 15:42
 Top  Print   

Re: Small "dog dish" wheel covers?
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The Dog Dish (9") came standard on most of the clippers, and the full covers were an accessory.

Posted on: 2010/2/27 19:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe most of the lower end cars came with small caps and the fulls were the option. Most all of the immediate post war were also what I consider small and mounted over clips just on the outside of the bolt circle. An optional stainless outer trim ring would give the appearance of almost a full shell. Here is a small type as shown in a 55 accessory catalog and used on a picture of accessory chains.

Attach file:

jpg  (13.01 KB)
209_4b89bdd992e7b.jpg 277X314 px

Posted on: 2010/2/27 19:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Like this?:

Attach file:

jpg  (69.72 KB)
2116_4b89c080ec197.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2010/2/27 20:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
There was a NOS set of 4 of them on Craigslist about 2 months ago, and I stupidly did not buy them, I think they went for nest to nothing... D'Oh!!!

Posted on: 2010/2/27 20:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Jack......send me a PM.......let me know what you're thinking! I have a few here.

kg

Posted on: 2010/2/27 20:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Kevin, if you have any to spare I'd also like 1 that is in mint or close condtion, no scratches or road rash...

Posted on: 2010/2/27 20:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Have those little 54/55 Clipper hub caps suddenly gotten valuable? For years you couldn't give them away, a local flea market vendor here carried an NOS set for 20 or more years, never got an offer, probably finally trashed them, exasperated that he had Packard parts that no one wanted.

Posted on: 2010/2/27 20:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Can't tell from the photos. Is there a logo or crest which identifies them as Packard?

thnx, jack vines

Posted on: 2010/2/28 0:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
No, Jack, just a red hexagon in the center, perhaps with a small "Packard" in block letters around the hexagon, if memory serves. No crest however, they are quite plain.

Dave, perhaps the dog dish cult has spread to the mid '50s Packards from the Hi-Po Mopar and GM crowd, where they are highly sought after for early '60s lightweights like the Max Wedge drag cars and the similar stripped cars from GM, the '62 Pontiac and the like, where every ounce was pared in the quest for speed. Or perhaps from those like myself who just like the Plain Jane stripper models, or what I like to call the Bauhaus versions....less is more!

Posted on: 2010/2/28 17:47
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved