Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

What was my car "born" with?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

David Packard
See User information
Is there any way of finding out what was factory installed on my 1955 Clipper Custom? I know the paint code and the interior code but was wondering about other options (such as fender skirts, etc.)

Posted on: 2010/6/28 15:22
 Top  Print   

Re: What was my car "born" with?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You could obtain a copy of the factory build slip which will identify the options by a series of code letters which you can decode by using the "RPO" (regular production order) codes which you find in the literature and manuals section. The build slips are available for most V8 Packards from the Studebaker Museum.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 15:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
If your car had a nice life and no one screwed with it too much, then the factory build sheet may still be taped to the top of the glove box where the line workers left it. They are usually fragile as can be by now, but if you are lucky and careful you can retrieve it, working from the passenger side. It will have the serial number, and all of the option codes.

As an aside, the 51-54s also have them taped to the top of the glovebox shield.

East Berlin is less than an hour from me in Parkton, MD. Love to see your car sometime.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 21:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Owen_Dyneto said: Quote:
The build slips are available for most V8 Packards from the Studebaker Museum.

In actuality, the Studebaker Museum holds documents for the 1956 model year. I have contacted them regarding my '55 400 and was told they do not retain the '55 Records.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 21:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Thanks for that bit of information and correction, I wasn't aware they didn't have the 55 slips.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 22:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yay, i called them too, they said no 55 models, i was bummed out. ;0(

Posted on: 2010/6/28 23:05
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved