Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
81 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 80

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

non Packards at meet in Salado
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

David Stewart
See User information
the image # 2605 of the 1934 club sedan did not reveal its true self. The car was nothing but a hot rod and I can't believe a club like PAC would dignify such a monstrosity. If someone wants to build a hot rod, take it to a Good Guys show or a rod run, we should not even have a class for such.

Posted on: 2011/4/6 18:50
 Top  Print   

Re: non Packards at meet in Salado
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
On second thot. Tell us about the car. What kind of modifications were made???? It sure looks good otherwise. I see wheel and tire mods???

Posted on: 2011/4/6 20:18
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I like the blackwall tyres though.....

Posted on: 2011/4/6 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Maybe the owner of the car could be invited to join us here at P'Info.com. I'd like to know more about it. Looks good to me from the pic.

Posted on: 2011/4/6 20:46
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
The sponsoring Packard Texas clubs have a class for modified Packards {Class MP - Modified Packards (Non-Stock) (1899-1956)}. We had two entrants in this class this year. The subject '34 Club Sedan and a highly modified '46 Clipper Airport Taxi. The Taxi still sported its operable rear window. Craftsmanship on both cars was excellent. In previous meets we have had a '54 Convertible with a Lincoln V-8 and transmission, and a highly modified 115C Coupe. They too were attractive appearing cars. I think we tend to be more inclusive rather than exclusive. Something for everyone.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/4/7 16:28
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

David Stewart
See User information
don't know about the frame, the engine and trans. were chevy, tilt wheel, A/c and all that. Didn't talk to the owner and won't.

Posted on: 2011/4/7 16:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
1934 - the year many consider to the prewar pinnacle of Packard quality and styling. And a club sedan - probably the rarest and most valuable closed car body style.

And it's a hot rod! And it comes to a Packard meet. Most of you guys know I'm a tolerant purist - but I'll say it anyway - it's enough to make me puke.

Posted on: 2011/4/7 17:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
I would rather see it as a modified PACKARD than melted down as a hood or fender for a brand X.

Posted on: 2011/4/7 18:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Not quite in the same league as mixing Coca Cola with THE MACALLAN 55 Year Old or painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa but getting close! IMHO.

Posted on: 2011/4/7 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Not sure what the owner started with but the end result looks nice retaining a lot of original look. There was a red Packard convertable at the Winks cruise last year that Randy ,Brian and I attended which like the above car was modified. Complete with pictures from start to finish and the starting point was little more than rust and pile of spare parts. I would not be to hard on the owner and builder having not bin in his shoes or wallet as from the looks of this car he spent his money time effort his way and thats what matters in a hobby .

Posted on: 2011/4/7 20:21
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved