Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

THANKS BIGKEV!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
just wanted to say thanks for this website and for uploading all the information you do. i just downloaded the parts manual for 55-56.

GREAT SITE AND GREAT JOB!!

Hank

Posted on: 2008/3/10 20:08
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Re: THANKS BIGKEV!
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Your welcome Hank. It's a group effort, as I would not have anything to upload if folks didnt take the time to both donate and scan the content. So thanks to all of you out there that have taken the time to give back to the website!

You can thank Brian (BH) for taking the time to scan the 55-56 Parts List. I scanned the 48-54 one, and I can tell you that after about 250 pages, it becomes pretty tedious.

Hopefully over time we can fill in the other Parts List as people have them available for scanning. BTW for those that are interested, there is a 1935-41 Packard Parts List Manual on ebay right now.

If any one decides to buy it, and would like to make a scan for the website, I am sure lots of people would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2008/3/10 21:22
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
At 594 pages, you better believe that scanning the 55-56 parts book was tedious.

I started in on it shortly after Xmas, but due to many things that compete for my time, I could only do this work on weekends - usually just on a Sunday afternoon or evening and no for more than a couple of hours at a stretch. Taking it a section at a time, the mechanical application listings weren't too bad, but as I got into the Body and Trim sections and especially the Numerical Index (with Supersession Record), progress was real sloooow.

Then, because this was an original, working copy from an actual dealership, I had to take extra time with some pages that were heavily soiled. Mind you, I didn't try to make those pages perfectly clean, but focused on making any affected text or image reasonably legible.

Even as a V8 enthusiast, it was hard to call this much work a labour of love. Still, I felt it was something that needed to be done, and I hope that it will be well-used by all V8 owners. I tip my hat to BigKev for doing same with the 48-54 parts book (which was even thicker) and anyone else who contributes and/or scans similar works.

I further hope that every enthusiast who makes use of this site will continue to donate what they can, with regard to their favorite model(s), to help make this the most complete source of information available on the Packard Motor Car and Company.

Posted on: 2008/3/11 9:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Keegan Chaput
See User information
Brian, I wanted to say THANK YOU for the huge contribution of the parts manual and what must have seemed like a never ending task of scanning. It feels like cheating to restore my car with the information I have available as opposed to so many of you who did it solo.

THANK YOU!!!

Posted on: 2008/3/11 20:46
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Keegan -

You are certainly welcome. I feel it is important that every owner, regardless of whether they do their own work or not, have access to this information - and become familiar with it. If nothing else, it will let them ask more informed questions about what the factory didn't cover.

I still have some more good stuff to upload in the weeks ahead, but nothing that will take so much time as a parts book or shop manual. (Gotta get my tax returns in order first, though.)

Posted on: 2008/3/12 11:18
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
One additional note for any early-birds who downloaded all sections of this parts book: make sure you got the file named "Utility.pdf".

When I first took a look at this article, Tuesday AM, the hyperlink to that section was missing. I reported that issue to BigKev, who promptly corrected it.

While the "Utility Items" section lists hardware items that may have been covered in previous applications listings, they are grouped by type of fastener here. (Most, but not all, part numbers for these item are prefixed with the letter "G".) In this section, the fasteners are described in fuller detail and with dimensions, which will help you find equivalent replacements.

Some fellas can just look at a fastener and tell you the size, but not me - making this section very handy.

Posted on: 2008/3/13 12:01
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved