Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 219

Michaelg-twelve, Packard Don, JohnCB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

53 packard treadle vac
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob
See User information
My treadle vac has had it. Found a rebuilt one from Arizona vintage parts. Has anyone bought a treadle vac from Arizona vintage parts? I'm ready to drive my packard once I get another treadle vac.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 17:29
1953 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Re: 53 packard treadle vac
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I haven't bought from them but they seem to specialize in Cadillacs. The units may be the same but again there might be a subtle internal difference. We know there was different mounting and pedal arrangements on some Cadillacs vs Packards. That might be a consideration.

Have you looked into a rebuilt unit from Kanter, Max Merritt or Tucson Packards? One of our primary vendors would be my first choice when it comes to buying a treadlevac.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 18:25
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Another quality rebuilder is Midwest Powder Products of Morris, IL. Midwestbooster.com

Posted on: 2012/4/20 19:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
Ed Strain down in Florida rebuilt mine.No problems since then.He advertises in Hemmings.

Posted on: 2012/4/20 20:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Hi, Its Midwest Power Products and I know Rich the owner. He has done a couple of Treadle Vacs for my friend's Packards and he comes highly recommended. Call him at 877-966-0550

Posted on: 2012/4/20 21:07
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

David Childs
See User information
Hi from Austin TX, Heart of Tx Packards: send your treadle vac to that guy in Florida--Ad in HMN. He is the BEST, no
argument. He has done two of mine. All TVac's need resealing every few years.

Posted on: 2012/4/26 13:35
Love Packards
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
All TVac's need resealing every few years

That's certainly contrary to my experience and that of dozens of my friends who regularly drive BTV-equipped cars. Perhaps there is another explanation for your comment?

Posted on: 2012/4/26 14:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
All TVac's need resealing every few years

That's certainly contrary to my experience and that of dozens of my friends who regularly drive BTV-equipped cars. Perhaps there is another explanation for your comment?

O_D, I have replaced my BTV with a modern booster/mc but left it so I could go back to the BTV. When my BTV went out, I had just joined PI and there was a big controversy surrounding the rebuilt BTV's reliability, and I didn't want to experience another brake failure.

It's been a couple of years now and I have since relaxed and might be ready to try a rebuilt BTV in my '56 Executive. Plus I would like to have the original brake pedal back in my car Would you say that he problems of the rebuilt BTVs have been resolved?

Posted on: 2012/4/26 15:32
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Would you say that he problems of the rebuilt BTVs have been resolved?

I don't know that I can say that. What I can say is that myself and many friends that have had units rebuilt by a professional rebuilder have had no problems over many years of service.

Posted on: 2012/4/26 17:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved