Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (118 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 215

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

radiator cap 52 200
Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
Hello ,I had an overheat and when I looked my radiator fluid it was a gallon low ,
now I forgot to check but I also figure the caps's old and may not hold enough pressure ,aNYONE KNOW THE NAPA OR other part number for the right cap ???,Ive got a new core in the radiator ,a new water pump and have new hoses ,so its the cap or me being forgetfull!

Posted on: 2012/5/9 10:47
 Top  Print   

Re: radiator cap 52 200
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Napa -- from the parts x-ref

Attach file:

jpg  (13.35 KB)
209_4faa94bd4e7f9.jpg 270X236 px

Posted on: 2012/5/9 11:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Any good auto parts store should be able to supply you with a good functional cap. Just measure the depth of the neck from the sealing surface to the top, and tell them what pressure you want; the OEM cap for 1951 was 7 psi, not sure of 1952 but a 12 psi cap should be fine.

Betting someone comes along with a modern brand and part # for you.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 11:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Did you replace the thermostat? I've come to grief over forgetting that little item.

Posted on: 2012/5/9 15:15
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
I hear the '54s are different, but still seem to be some myster. See "Successful Packard Hunt" thread under postwar. Nice discussion.

My (short) experience with my '54 is that you lose the coolant out of the overflow, even while driving, with the wrong cap (at least I think it's the cap causing it). I got the car with a 12 psi generic one-size-fits-all cap. Who knew there was so much to a radiator cap replacement?

Posted on: 2012/9/25 15:56
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved