Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
169 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 168

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Watson Stabilator straps
Just popping in
Just popping in

Aussie
See User information
Im an aussie who is trying to source the webbing/strapping for Watson Stabilators for my 526. Does anyone have knowledge where I might be able to purchase any?

Posted on: 2012/11/2 3:23
 Top  Print   

Re: Watson Stabilator straps
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Aussie,
Your first post so and great to see another "Aussie" on PackardInfo, although you've been a member here for a couple of years!

Regarding the stabilator straps, there are a number of "Aussie" members here, who are also Packard Automobile Club of Australia members, who have Packards of that vintage who might be able to advise. I'll pass on your request to them so they don't miss it.

There was also a recent thread on the PAC Site, of a similar nature but no positive outcome.

Then on US eBay found Classic and Exotic offering Watson Stabilator Strap Clips. Looking further I found they have a list of Watson Stabilator parts although no webbing. It's probably worth your while to contact them, you just never know, they might have a source of supply for the strapping!

And.....I invite you to include your 526 in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

PS - Are you a PACA(Packard Automobile Club of Australia Inc) member? If not, as Secretary of the club it is my duty to invite you to join us. If you wish to do so please email me, Mal Harris, at ozstatman@gmail.com or call me on 0423 171 170.

Posted on: 2012/11/2 5:58
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Try Restoration Supply Co for the webbinghttp://www.restorationstuff.com/

Posted on: 2012/11/2 6:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
I used the strapping from Restoration Supply Co for the Gabriel Snubbers on my 1922 Packard and it is an exact copy of the original and works well however as you know it needs to have something between each layer to reduce the friction and allow it to recoil. Shim brass was used originally and I used shim stainless steel. An alternative that may not need anything between the layers is the webbing that is used for safety belts. It should recoil without any other layer. I understand you can buy it in different widths. This idea came from Bernie who posts on the AACA site, perhaps if he reads this he will provide more details.

Posted on: 2012/11/2 16:48
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bernie j
See User information
Hello
As David McC has said I do have a roll of webbing that I have used for the Gabriel Snubbers on my 1923 Single Six.
You are welcome to come and look at. I live in East Doncaster so not too far from you. Give me a call on 9842 5808.

Bernie J.

Posted on: 2012/11/3 1:21
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Bernie j
See User information
Hello Aussie
From your lack of communication or apparent interest I can only assume that you are a member of the PAC of A (Victoria) and have managed to obtain the necessary webbing through them.

Good luck

Bernie J.

Posted on: 2012/11/6 0:47
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved