Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
221 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 219

Peter Packard, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

help with hood pad on my 33 1003, horn button removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
i have some new steele hood pads, 30-0222-42 for my 33. i only had one old one on the car that was just a blob of rubber. the new ones have a high side and low side, which side goes in toward the engine-high or low. the old one was on top of the bracket, is that correct? thanks for the help dell

whats the trick to remove the horn button, i tried pushing down and turning to left. no success thanks dell

Posted on: 2015/1/4 19:49

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: help with hood pad on my 33 1003, horn button removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Can't help with the hood pads but if the horn button set up is the same as a 1930 model then you need to remove the 2 bevel gear segments at the base of the steering column below the steering box and push the centre tubes towards the steering wheel then pull the "plastic" centre plate out enough to expose the underside of the plate That centre "plastic" plate is held in place from its underside by 4 screws. Removing the 4 screws will detach the centre plate and give access to the screw attaching the horn button. Hope that makes sense.

Posted on: 2015/1/5 4:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Not a TRICK just a lot of work.

Disconnect battery
Disconnect Horn Wire coming out of Light Switch. Orig there was an inline connector near Switch.
Remove Light Switch
Remove Hand Lever Gear mounted on Steering Box. Ur doing this just to get it away from the action so u dont break it.
Remove the Gear on the Colm Shaft.
Loosen the Clamp at the bottom of the Steering Box
Horn Button & Ring/light Switch Lever/Hand Throttle Lever should be pulled up and out. If inclosed car u can get just enough bow on the tubes to clear the headliner and get it fully out.
Horn Button & Ring r held onto the assy with 4 10-32 bolts. Remove the Hr Bt & Rg Assy from colm assy
HORN BUTTON is bolted to the outer ring via 3 8-32 screws

NOTHING TO IT !!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2015/1/5 15:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
thanks guys i know it would not be a fun job, but getting this project on the road has not been as quick as i had planed-going into the sixth month and not running yet. dell

Posted on: 2015/1/5 23:11

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Tom Wilcox on http://packardpaddock.com/ has several sections devoted to the steering column and his restoration of that area.

Like they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Posted on: 2015/1/6 20:09
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved