Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 155

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: What yr. and model is this?
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Technically, not the entire dash, but just the two plastic trim pieces that surround the speedo and the clock. Those two pieces for the 160 are supposed to be flat-faced/smooth. The 120s had the grooved trim pieces that you see in this car. All the other dash plastic is correct.

Regarding OD: the photos do not show a lock-out knob to the right of the steering column. Maybe the knob is blocked in the photos, but I cannot see it.

Since my 1941 160 is an open car with leather I am not familiar with the pattern of cloth that was available. This stripe pattern looks a little "strong" to me - I would have expected something much more subtle.

In fact, I just looked at page 43 of the 1941 Data Book and Packard describes the closed car options. They were "...three different patterns and texture [in] broadcloth and a [one] Bedford cord..." were offered. "First, a fine olive colored broadcloth with a dark blue stripe, second, a beautiful shade of gray with narrow stripes of blue spaced widely apart, third, a dark tan broadcloth of superior quality with an indistinct (chalk line) of lighter tan, and fourth, a handsome Bedford cord with alternate stripes of very faint green, gray and brown."

Posted on: 2013/4/5 15:08
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

jesse
See User information
I really appreciate responses like this because I always learn something new! Even with the things you point out this car is really very nice. When I post the photos of the engine I think you'll agree. Do you think I'm overzealous with my price estimate? Again, I know it to be a strong #2 car. It was a nut & bolt frame off restoration with nothing overlooked.

Posted on: 2013/4/5 15:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Roger explained the dash plastic much more clearly. the radio grille is Senior style, and the garnish molding inserts are 160. You can look on Yesterday's Radio website for the replacement cost on the inserts.

I wonder about the stripes too. The car is attractive and generally authentic, but the stripes look "louder" than expected. This is certainly not the Bedford Cord. The other cloth interior is the two-tone, and it's not that either.

I hope your value estimate is good, but I think it is a bit high. Anybody have their $.02 worth?

Posted on: 2013/4/5 15:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Quote:
It was a nut & bolt frame off restoration with nothing overlooked.

Sounds like a few things were overlooked....Still a nice looking car though....

Posted on: 2013/4/5 17:06
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:

bkazmer wrote:
I wonder about the stripes too. The car is attractive and generally authentic, but the stripes look "louder" than expected. This is certainly not the Bedford Cord. The other cloth interior is the two-tone, and it's not that either.

I hope your value estimate is good, but I think it is a bit high. Anybody have their $.02 worth?

I do not think Packard offered Bedford Cord. Isn't that the material that is like Corderoy, which Lincoln offered???

I agree with Kaz, the $50k estimate seems a bit steep for a 160 short wheelbase sedan. It is a nice car, though.

Posted on: 2013/4/5 17:31
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, you've got it, West. Bedford cord is deeply ribbed, very pronounced 3-dimension effect, as you say like corduroy. Packard used it extensively over the years, usually in combination with leather as an option to full leather on convertibles.

I don't know anything much about the mechanical condition of this car so can't really speculate on value.

Posted on: 2013/4/5 17:36
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

jesse
See User information
Owen,

Are you saying the interior is acceptable as it is?

Also, I know for a fact the engine is completely rebuilt and in excellent condition detailed to the nine!

Posted on: 2013/4/5 18:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
as Roger cites from the Salesman's book, Bedford Cord was an option. It is like a corduroy as you say, but the Packard one is much finer/shallower than the Lincoln type. It's what came on my car.

Posted on: 2013/4/5 19:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Owen, Are you saying the interior is acceptable as it is?

No, not saying one way or the other. Just commenting on West's description of what Bedford Cord is.

Posted on: 2013/4/5 22:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
after stepping back and reading all the comments maybe I should back my value estimate down to low 40s. Still looks to be a super nice 160.

Posted on: 2013/4/6 6:52
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved