Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 6
Guests: 150

Stefanie, HH56, Guscha, Marvin, JD in KC, John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 287 288 289 (290) 291 292 293 ... 499 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information

Posted on: 2017/9/26 10:20
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2017/9/27 6:13
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
That '36 120 looks pretty straight. The seller certainly doesn't seem to be trying to pass it off as if it were Concourse ready! Sometimes with old cars, owners without the means to proper maintain a car might go ahead and paint over spots to try to stave off rust. The car does not look abused, but I think the price seems a little high for a car in that shape.

Turning to the 1947 7-passenger sedan, my first impression is WOW! It looks to be an honest driver that wouldn't break the bank to take it to the next level. You'd sure be a hit with your friends with this car!

Posted on: 2017/9/27 14:52
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig the Clipper Man
See User information
Fifty bucks for that '39 120???!!!!

Posted on: 2017/9/27 14:56
You can make a lot of really neat things from the parts left over after you rebuild your engine ...
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
That's what I just said! I fear a few zeros are missing and then it's way too much.

Posted on: 2017/9/27 15:18
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
I'm amazed that this 37 super eight touring sedan on 134" WB won't sell at this "junior" price.
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/1937-packard-supertouring/6306085053.html

Posted on: 2017/9/27 17:14

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
Does seem odd as this is a very handsome original car and a full classic. Maybe price is low because the '37 "Super 8" is really a re-branded standard 8 (320 c.i.) and also because this is a touring sedan, which many consider the least desirable model. Not sure what an equivalent condition '37 120 touring sedan typically sells for.

Posted on: 2017/9/27 20:09
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
Well this is not the 1500 on a 127" WB. I think it's quiet an unusual car cause the extra 7" WB was setting you back another $200 brand new. Maybe O_D van shed some light on estimated production numbers between the 1003 and 1013?

A nice 37 120 touring sedan can be bought in the $20-25k range. I've been contemplating this super 8 but how many Packards does one need?

Posted on: 2017/9/28 7:30

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Well BDC I've always been told that things are always bigger in Texas. So you mite as well go ahead and get that darn old Packard cuz you just might not have a big enough collection.

Posted on: 2017/9/28 9:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Production estimate courtesy of Charlie Blackman and based on analysis of surviving vehicle numbers:

1003 - 2322 units
1013 - 319 units

Posted on: 2017/9/28 10:25
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 287 288 289 (290) 291 292 293 ... 499 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved