Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 214

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

'52 Pan American
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
The PAC Facebook page has a link to an article on the first '52 Packard Pan American.

Posted on: 2013/4/2 18:20
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: '52 Pan American
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
There's a co-incidence for you, as I posted the above saw this as the Random Photo!

Attach file:

jpg  (106.30 KB)
226_515b68bb7b571.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2013/4/2 18:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I love it when a plan comes together!

Posted on: 2013/4/2 20:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
The article is in error, as the very first PanAm built was "updated" by Ed Macauley in 1954 (with a new grille and a '54 dash board) and again in 1955 (with the '55 Senior rear end). This was originally a 1951 "250" convertible #2469-3630. It is now on display at the National Packard Museum. Ralph Marano's car was built from a 1952 "250" #2579-2963.

Attach file:

jpg  (159.84 KB)
1445_515b8c5fd9029.jpg 1280X1276 px

Posted on: 2013/4/2 20:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
That's the first picture of any of these cars I've seen with the top up. Not what I would have expected.

Posted on: 2013/4/4 22:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
Richard Arbib's personal Pan American also had a top. (None of the other Pan Americans did.) Arbib's car is pictured in the Spring 1975 issue of "The Cormorant." This photo will be republished in the upcoming history of the Pan Americans, which will be in a future issue of "The Packard Cormorant."

Posted on: 2013/4/4 22:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
source unknown

Click to enlarge!

Attach file:

jpg  (381.81 KB)
757_5b763d963cb85.jpg 1508X1920 px

Posted on: 2018/8/16 22:14
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
source unknown

Click to enlarge!

Attach file:

jpg  (401.90 KB)
757_5b763e0a0cca0.jpg 1502X1920 px

Posted on: 2018/8/16 22:16
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
The PAC Facebook page has a link to an article on the first '52 Packard Pan American.

Wow. Things really get carried away on Facebook, the internet in general and in modern-day magazines. The history of these poor cars is horribly gone wrong.

First... the link here is to some kind of write-up done in recent years...which is almost totally in error. The car shown in the photos (of the initial link posted) is absolutely, positively NOT the first Pan American. It was also pictured in a major car magazine that also had the facts dead wrong about what the car was, the number and what features it has. The car pictured is Pan American #4... disguised in more recent years to look similar to the way #1 once looked. It is not the original Pan American, but one of the second series of five cars.

Second... the comment on the page claims that another Pan American is sitting in a GM new car dealership in Michigan. YEOW!!! This is all wrong too-no matter how many awards the car has won and what has been written about it and how many accolades it has gathered. I tracked this car down and what I found was what appears to be a customized regular production Caribbean... with 1954 headlight bezels and standard convertible stainless side trim added and non-factory color green. Apparently a custom that someone created off of a normal production Caribbean. Definitely NOT a Pan American and not a factory concept.

Posted on: 2018/8/17 14:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
There's a co-incidence for you, as I posted the above saw this as the Random Photo!

The Packard shown here is Pan American #2 which-last I heard- was sitting on display at the National Packard Museum in Warren, Ohio. This car has been greatly modified from the way it originally was made. And the color is not original at all (the story on the display sign about the gold color on this car is completely wrong and should not be taken as historical fact).

The story of ALL of the Pan Americans will be upcoming in The Packard Cormorant magazine. All these things will be explained in that article.

Posted on: 2018/8/17 14:52
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved