Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packards of India
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
Found this thread on another car forum. I think you guys will like this one!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/pre-1950/54866-packards-india.html

Posted on: 2009/10/28 22:47
 Top  Print   

Re: Packards of India
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Nice cars, thanks for posting the link.

On a side note, that was the website that I had to slap on the wrist for copying our Bookshelf page verbatim. Right down to the typos and pictures.

The webmaster took it down after I notified him.

Posted on: 2009/10/28 22:58
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Looks like Mal's got an Indian cousin!

Quote:
DKG
Distinguished - BHPian

Harit you have a rich collection of Packards. Why don't you please share with us tales of previous owners, how you acquired them, interesting facts about the cars etc. If you could do so with pictures it would make for a terrific treat. Do please consider

ROTFLMFAO!!!

Posted on: 2009/10/28 23:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Eric,

After you pick yourself up and compose yourself you may wish to read the following and then.......

Oh Glorious India!

Goodness gracious me
How can that be
To have a disciple on-line
That's just so fine
The wonders of the net
We must not forget
Provide us the sights
To give us delights
The message is clear
More must appear
By means of appeal
So all can reveal
That which must be seen
Is no longer a dream
Best this be done
By me and my Indian chum
To provide for your pleasure
All the Packard treasures

Kev,

See on that site this snippet, "Most users ever online was 8,676, 25th July 2008 at 20:19."!!

Posted on: 2009/10/29 3:05
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

It's nice to know that Packards are so highly regarded abroad. However, I was pretty irritated when I discovered, earlier this year, that someone on Team BHP had pirated our Packard Bookshelf content - when it has been displayed on this site, all the while, with full copyright notice.

While the basic statistics regarding the books themselves might be considered public domain, not one credit was given to P'Info, let alone the many members who helped grow such a comprehensive list - providing each entry with their own personal synopsis and images of the covers.

So, let me say THANK YOU for stepping up, as webmaster, to address that matter. I'm glad that the webmaster complied with your notification - as I'm sure you would if the roles were reversed.

I feel that the problem could have been avoided if they had simply posted a link to our feature on this site - such as the opening post of this thread did for theirs. Then, if they weren't interested in participating here, they could have discussed the subject further on their own forum - even posting additional titles, with comments and images from their own members. I don't think anyone here would consider that an infringement, but rather as both a complement and compliment.

That said, I hope old car enthusiasts in India continue to appreciate Packards and discuss them at-length on Team BHP for many years to come.

Posted on: 2009/10/29 8:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
I noticed one blog entry on the BHP Team site, has a reference and a link to PackardInfo.Com

From DKG March 13, 2009

"For those interested in more info on Packard you may wish to see PackardInfo.com - General Site News - New Part Cross Reference Database Added - Packard Articles and Packard Automobile Classics, Inc. - The Packard Club Both sites are fabulous archives."

Posted on: 2009/10/29 10:07
Don Skotty
1938 Super 8 1604 1116 Club Sedan
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved